1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing items listed with Froogle?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Cartman, Jun 20, 2005.

I searched through Froogle's FAQ, but I didn't really see my question answered.. I've just started using Froogle, and I've got 4 items in my store. One of them has an incorrect URL, so I changed the URL in my .txt file and reuploaded it. It doesn't seem to change the URL. The only way I was able to fix it was by changing the description, so now there are 2 entries for this particular item, one with the correct URL and one with a dud.

How do I delete the wrong entry?

Cartman, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  2. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give it some time. Even though new feeds are uploaded it can take quite a while for the new info to be dislayed in a froogle search. It's not instant... far from it.

wrkalot, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  3. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Froogle just plain confuses me.. I upload 29 new items yesterday, it says all 29 products were successfully uploaded and processed, but only 5 are showing.. I guess I just need to be patient, but it's hard when many of the items I'm selling are time sensitive. By the time they get posted, the event has already past. :(

Cartman, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  4. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I got an error yesterday saying my feed had expired yet all of the products were still showing in froogle. I created/uploaded a new feed yesterday (process yesterday too) and the new feed still isn't showing. As long as there are no errors just walk away and check back in a couple of days.

wrkalot, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  5. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They're now taking 1-3 days to reflect any changes that you make in your feed. It used to happen within a matter of 6-8 hours, now it's taking much longer.

Needless to say just wait...it will change eventually :cool:

Ian

Ian, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  6. whitekit

whitekit Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to let you know, you have to send new feeds every month or they expire.

whitekit, Jul 1, 2005 IP