1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing from Bing Local URL to my Site URL.

Discussion in 'Bing' started by charter11, May 27, 2016.

Hello.

My business shows up on Bing Local, but as stated, it appears with the Bing generic URL. I changed it to my website's URL via Bing Places For Business, and it all looked fine and it showed as "published". That was 3 days ago, but a Bing search doesn't reflect the change. Does it take longer, or am I missing something:)

Thanks.

charter11, May 27, 2016 IP
  2. charter11

charter11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm not explaining it right.

If I do a Bing search for "hair salons", I get the following:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hair+salons&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=hair+salons&sc=8-10&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=06F28EDA30494D97A35E4EE8554A305A

One of the local results is linked to a generic Bing site, but the others have their own site. My business is on Bing local, and I think I changed it correctly by adding my site's URL to Bing Places For Local, but it hasn't changed.

charter11, May 28, 2016 IP
  3. Mark.p21

Mark.p21 Peon

Best Answers:
    On the off chance that you need to change the title of the online journal, which is the content showed in the title bar of a web program and in the header of most topics, you can do as such under My Site → Customizer → Site Identity.

On the off chance that you need to dispose of the wordpress.com piece of your online journal address, then you have to move up to a Custom Domain by going to the Domains page.

On the off chance that you tail this aide and change your online journal address, connection to your old location, including internet searcher results, will be broken unless you include a Site Redirect redesign

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Mark.p21, May 29, 2016 IP
  4. charter11

charter11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply Mark.

My business appears in Bing local, but when I click it, it goes to a generic Bing page that doesn't contain much other than my hours. What I would like, is when someone clicks on my business in the Bing Local results, it will go to my actual web site, and not the generic Bing local page for my business.

charter11, May 29, 2016 IP
  5. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great insights shared on this topic.

Thanks guys.

Regards

vna1611, May 30, 2016 IP
  6. charter11

charter11 Peon

Best Answers:
    So almost 200 views on this thread, and I don't "get" the two replies.

Am I not explaining the issue correctly, or something else?

charter11, May 31, 2016 IP