1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing colors, logos, etc. in vBulletin

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by nickr, Oct 31, 2005.

I've just downloaded vBulletin and am a bit overwhelmed by the control panel. Isn't there a way to select a skin or something?

Also, on buying vB, I had the option of paying another $100+ to have all the vB / Jelsoft branding removed. I didn't take this option, but does it mean I have to leave the vB logo in the top-left corner as it is? If you are allowed to change it, do you have to rename your own image to match the existing logo filename? Or how do you even get to the html? The answers are probably simple, but I've been at it for the last six hours.. that includes a failed attempt at getting phpBB2 to install, causing me to think 'Oh, b**ger it, I'll buy vB'! :)

nickr, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  2. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    You can change the upper left corner logo to whatever you like. The branding you must leave in is in the footer -- Copyright by Jelsoft, etc. Other than that, anything is fair game. You can just overwrite the graphic file, or the template you're looking for is called "header" if you want to change more of that area.

Yup, the control panel can be intimidating at first look. The template system is also fairly complex. Even experienced designers have a learning curve to get used to the vBulletin template system. If you're not interested in putting the time in, there are plenty of retail skins available from $20 to $30 a piece.

TheHoff, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  3. nickr

nickr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that! I'll have a tinker with the colors and stuff too. I guess I just assumed they'd be a choice of skins.

nickr, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  4. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    vbulletin.org is a good place to look for FREE mods, hacks skins etc.
    you will probally learn some new things there too :)

just-4-teens, Oct 31, 2005 IP