1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change the target?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Mixposure, May 6, 2005.

OK, here's my story. I have a site for musicians to showcase their music to the world. Members can download music but nowhere do I promote the site as "Free music downloads".

I just setup text ads from AdSense, with enough space for six different listings. The end result was 6 different ads with the headline "Free music downloads". Yeesh, that won't due. It would be nice if we could determine the type of ads we get. For example, I feel that I would have a much higher CTR with musical instruments and the such.
    SEMrush
    In order to "target" different ads, would I basically have to change the entire site's content?

Thanks a lot. :)

Mixposure, May 6, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    I have pretty much the same situation (also a music site), and lots of free music download ads. My site is more lyrics oriented, so these work here.
    I havent tried it myself, but you might have some success by blocking those ads. There are only a limited number of those (eg mp3downloadinghq.com, emusic.com etc), so it might just work.
    good luck

Dejavu, May 6, 2005 IP
  3. Mixposure

Mixposure Peon

Best Answers:
    I was kicking that around, I think I'll give it a whirl. Thank you very much for the response.

Mixposure, May 6, 2005 IP