1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change Rankings Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by rocatalicia, Sep 24, 2017.

Hi guys,

I am a webmaster of a web store and in recent days I have noticed constant fluctuations in the rankings of my keywords. You know something about it, all I have is this semruh note, which seems to indicate variations in the algorithm.

Semrush note:
    SEMrush Sensor shows Very High activity for the ES desktop database
    Sensor 20/09/2017
    SEMrush Sensor detected Very High activity this day with a score of 9.5, indicating a lot of changes in the rankings. This may be a sign of Google Update.

Thanks and regards,

rocatalicia, Sep 24, 2017 IP
  2. zelgly2

zelgly2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Yes i also find this changes. May be google is updating the rankings

zelgly2, Sep 24, 2017 IP
  3. rocatalicia

rocatalicia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi zelgly2,

yes I thing that, but now more quickly. I hope it does not get worse hahha

rocatalicia, Sep 24, 2017 IP
  4. nvd650

nvd650 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also facing the same problems. I'm tracking roughly 60 keywords for my website, last week 26 keywords lost ranking and only 8 gained ranking (all from top page of Google) and yesterday, 18 keywords went up, 26 maintained and 10 keywords lost their positions. What's going on? Worth mentioning here, a couple of keywords went right on #1 place top page from 2nd or 3rd page. Is it normal?

nvd650, Sep 29, 2017 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is it normal for someone to give you advice without reviewing your site? nope
    Is it normal for google to dick around boosting, and/or decreasing your rankings? Yep

Without reviewing your site, then it is nothing more then a guess, and
    end up being multiple issues, or none at all.

1: google could just be doing their thing up, down, sideways, backwards.
    2: maybe your content is not as good as you think it is...
    3: maybe you have a high bounce rate...
    4: maybe your backlinks are not as good as you think they are...
    5: maybe you are over optimizing your anchor text.
    6: maybe your site is not as good as you think, thus visitors
    do not hang around as long as you would want them too, which
    sends a signal to google saying that your site could be better....

When it comes to SEO keyword/rankings, then it could be a number
    of problems, and this is why you need an SEO provider to audit your site...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    dscurlock, Sep 29, 2017 IP
  6. nvd650

nvd650 Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha, Well I'm back here after a lot of time and I was not sure if I can give link to my site or not :) Anyhow being on safer side it is Optimized360 com
    I hope it will work?

nvd650, Sep 30, 2017 IP
  7. usman_khalid

usman_khalid Member

Best Answers:
    Google update their result instantly and it become now more active. Its depends on your bounce rate and back-links. You should focus on bounce rate. if your site bounce rate is good then your site move to high on google.

usman_khalid, Oct 6, 2017 IP
  8. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Few years it was pretty easy to find the update releases from Google search engine but now their team has increased, their importance has increased and their strengths and challenges are increased.
    We have smart phones, different devices, different locations, various factors to consider, so it's quite tough to understand their algorithms and the company is not officially sharing all those instant happenings. So we have to discuss like this in various forums and share the knowledge.

kellyrose, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ROFL, google is not going to spoon feed you because you do not know which direction to go. google has already has
    guidelines on what webmasters should be doing. Google is never going to point out what you did right, or what you
    did wrong, and it is up to you to interrupt their guidelines. Getting any type of site underway to the point that it will
    even succeed today is a huge challenge, and you should also have a pretty good size budget, and if you done everything
    right, then maybe you will see some level of success after a year or two and spending a few grand on your site....

back in the day, you could easily get cheap crap backlinks, and post crap content, then in no time you would be indexed,
    and ranking, sorry to say, google has wiped those sites out, and if are not caught now, then you will be later....

so you really need to think if you really have the skills, and the investment on setting up a site, and when it comes
    to google, there are no guarantees that your site will ever make it as there are tons of factors involved, and it does
    take a long time for your SEO efforts to really catch up, and if you do not use google/seo, then you just about have
    to be an expert in some type of ad marketing platform, again, a number of factors go into ad marketing, if you run
    facebook ads, and people are not buying, are you able to figure out why? or scratch your head saying "I dont know..."

you got a lot to think about....

dscurlock, Nov 15, 2017 IP