1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

change over to CSS

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Notting, Feb 5, 2006.

Hi,

Originally i used a template to create my website www.nottinghamstudent.co.uk - It used CSS, but i was didn't know how to use CSS and was using Frontpage.

Now I want to change the whole site so that it uses CSS sue to the benefits of using CSS.

The problem is all of the code for text is html with html for colour, size etc

Is it possible to remove all of these tags and just convert all text in the html files to default with out having to delete all of these tags so that I can start again.

Thanks
    ~Jamie

Edit: because the template used CSS and I didn't the site is a kind of jumble between the two!

Notting, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    A dirty way to do it is with a find and replace.

Sometimes I want to cry when having to clean up code generated with Word.
    May have to remove three lines of code to find one line of text.

There may be a quick fix. I never found it. I got some help by taking code into dreamweaver and have it clean code. My problem is my dreamweaver machine is 500 miles from here.

You might want to work out your css file on homepage and clean up a few pages at a time.

Shannon

Smyrl, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  3. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So i would have to delete every tag individually before I could start using CSS? There is no way to remove all font formatting? ie turn it into basic/default text.

That would take up wayyyy too much time!

Notting, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    You might set up a basic page and copy your text and paste it into FrontPage using paste special option and copy it in as text. The pages I am working with have so many tables, lists, headings, subheadings it just does not work for me for I find it as much work to reformat.

For lots of simple paragraphs it works quite well.

Shannon

Smyrl, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. stuw

stuw Peon

Best Answers:
    can you view your pages in a browser and copy and paste into a new txt document? when you paste there will be no formatting

stuw, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  6. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try HTML Tidy. Sorry don't have the URL for it off the top of my head. I use it al the time, usually from instide of my HTML editor, HTML-Kit.

LGRComp, Feb 5, 2006 IP