1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change of Address - How long to take affect?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pjk, Jan 12, 2017.

Hello,
    I'm moving a domain from example.com to example2.com. I've updated as many backlinks as possible and in the search console did a change of address, as well as a 301 from example.com to example2.com. However, when I search for the main queries, example.com is still showing in the results for every query I can find.

How long does it take for the SERPs to update to the new domain? Are there any other recommended actions to speed up this transition?

Cheers!

pjk, Jan 12, 2017 IP
  2. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is solely depends on the Search Engines. Google will some times index it fastly or sometimes it will take 30 to 90 days. However Indexing depends on the quality of your backlinks.

iwebsocial, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  3. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your site’s indexing frequency. It may take few days or months.

You don’t need to worry as you already have 301 redirection on.

LinkGenie, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  4. KarenByerly

KarenByerly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's no estimate time.

KarenByerly, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  5. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    generally it tooks 1 week for removing old link and reoplace with hew host in google core.

David Jones42, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  6. Brian Jakcson

Brian Jakcson Member

Best Answers:
    I have migrated many sites over and if you go into Google Search Console and force crawl the homepage and check the "Crawl this URL and its direct links" I have found that is speeds up the process a little bit.
    No guarantee when it comes to crawling, but in many of my cases it got SERPs updated faster from old domain URLs to new ones.

[​IMG]

Brian Jakcson, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  7. Cado Magenge

Cado Magenge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Step 1: Tell Google about your domain name change in Google Webmaster Tools.
    You can use the Change of address tool to tell Google about your new URL.
    Step 2: Google will update index to reflect your new URL. Changes will stay in effect for 180 days, by which time Google will crawl and index the pages at your new URL.

The change of address tool is safe, because only verified site owners can use it.
    Since it appears that Index updates only happen monthly, and it takes a few 2-3 months for data to fully migrate over to redirected URLs.
    It takes a few months for Moz data to transfer to redirected URLs, so be sure to check both the old and the new URL.

I hope this will be helpful alot. Have a nice time ahead.
    ;)

Cado Magenge, Feb 17, 2017 IP