1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Centering a psd when coded?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mandkr67, Dec 20, 2005.

Ok, I've only begun to hit the psd layout and template areas. I've become adept at slicing and dicing and I learned how to get it coded. What I need to do is get the whole layout to center on the page. Is this done in Photoshop or does this rely on changing the html coding within the final result?

mandkr67, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  2. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have to do it afterwards. If you need help once you have the code, just come back here and post the code and someone will help.

Colleen, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  3. mandkr67

mandkr67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah Colleen thank you for your reply. That's what I thought but...

You know I looked and looked. Another thing I'm going to have to do is clean up the final code. Not too difficult but does it output valid code?? :confused:

All this and it's a pro-bono site as well.

mandkr67, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  4. Colleen

Best Answers:
    It can be valid I think if you set it up to do so. I just had to reinstall windows and lost everything I had, so I can't open it to check how to set it up as I don't have Photoshop at the moment.

Colleen, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  5. ajnin

ajnin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the simplest way to to center a psd made template after output, is to add align="center" to the table tag.

for example:
    <table align="center">

or you could slice your template into css, then do a major rework and use a negative left margin. but thats way more advanced than jsut adding align="center"

good luck

ajnin, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  6. Colleen

Best Answers:
    You do not need to use a negative left margin to center using CSS. ;)

Colleen, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  7. mandkr67

mandkr67 Peon

Best Answers:
    This'll be a pain of a site but looking at the test html output it produced I think I may be better off with the first example <table align="center"> and then clean and validate from there.

The site will be for a catering business and he's after looks rather than anything. I'll add/seperate the css later on. Just ordered domain and hosting for this so he'll also want it up asap.

Thanks for all your help!

I'm sure to post here when I get further into it. Right now I'm still slicing to add urls for different pages. There will only be about 6 but will have an extensive gallery.

mandkr67, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  8. ajnin

ajnin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very true, there are a few other methods. but i find myself using the negative left more often.

ajnin, Dec 21, 2005 IP