1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

    Advertising (learn more)

    Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

    Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cell phone gave me an electric shock!! Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hvalle98, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. #1
    One week ago I bought a New Nokia E65. Everything went fine until 2 minutes ago: When I plugged the cell phone to the USB port, it gave me a strong electric shock! I almost drop it to the floor. The weirdest thing is that nothing happened to the phone, neither the computer. I called my brother and he plugged it again, but nothing happened. Without unplugging it, I touched it and it gave me the electric shock. Afterwards, I told my brother to take off his shoes, and he got the shock.

    Also, sometimes when I touch the computer's metal case, I get a shock too, but not as strong as the one the cell phone gave me. THIS ALSO HAPPENED WITH MY OLDER COMPUTER, WHICH I BUILT.

    What's going on!?! Please help me.

    P.S. This is not the first time I connect the cell phone to the PC. My computer is a IBM Net vista, like the one of this photo.
    SEMrush
     
    hvalle98, Dec 22, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Bill_Stanbrook

    Bill_Stanbrook Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,046
    Likes Received:
    15
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    150
    #2
    Sounds like you need to take that computer to a repair shop and get them to take a look at it. Preferably before you get electrocuted.
     
    Bill_Stanbrook, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. Digital_shubhi

    Digital_shubhi Prominent Member

    Messages:
    11,534
    Likes Received:
    759
    Best Answers:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    355
    #3
    Well, its just due to your PC and nothing related to Mobile. :)
    So, get your CPU repaired before you get any more damage.

    - Mr.President -
     
    Digital_shubhi, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  4. RightMan

    RightMan Notable Member

    Messages:
    8,298
    Likes Received:
    450
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    205
    #4
    Or may be there is some earthing problem to your electric wires. Do have your electric fittings checked as well... for any fault!

    Regards,

    RightMan
     
    RightMan, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  5. RDXDesigns

    RDXDesigns Peon

    Messages:
    209
    Likes Received:
    2
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #5
    ur poor brother ! lolz

    its earthing prob or if u hav a spike guard chk it !
     
    RDXDesigns, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  6. RaptorGE

    RaptorGE Peon

    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #6
    now i know why i hate cells :)
     
    RaptorGE, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  7. hvalle98

    hvalle98 Active Member

    Messages:
    460
    Likes Received:
    13
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    85
    #7
    Yeah, I'll make a technician check my comp. Thanks
     
    hvalle98, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  8. Rightg

    Rightg Member

    Messages:
    156
    Likes Received:
    0
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    28
    #8
    I once got an electric shock when i was curious and opened a disposable camera, ... nasty shock.
     
    Rightg, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  9. shivshan

    shivshan Active Member

    Messages:
    529
    Likes Received:
    2
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
    #9
    It must be an Earthing problem.
     
    shivshan, Dec 23, 2009 IP
    hvalle98 likes this.
  10. rajesh.ejob

    rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,112
    Likes Received:
    7
    Best Answers:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    140
    #10
    Yes it must be earthing problem, as you said that you got same problem in your old computer, there is no problem in your cpu, the earthing to your house needs to grounded properly lol...... Do it asap, because electrical items especially Computers might get affected seriously..
     
    rajesh.ejob, Dec 23, 2009 IP
    hvalle98 likes this.
  11. hvalle98

    hvalle98 Active Member

    Messages:
    460
    Likes Received:
    13
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    85
    #11
    Haha then that's the reason. The wall outlet has no earth, so I had to connect my UPS with an adaptor that takes out the earth... I didn't know how much important the earth was :eek: lol I feel ignorant. Do you know why my old computer is "old"? Because the power supply got fried...
     
    hvalle98, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  12. rukn2002

    rukn2002 Peon

    Messages:
    301
    Likes Received:
    7
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #12
    Its happening due to earthing problem. Check your wiring for earthing is it okay or not and use UPS. hope the problem will not occur again.
     
    rukn2002, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  13. linkbroker111

    linkbroker111 Peon

    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #13
    I think its the earthing problem in your electric connection.
     
    linkbroker111, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  14. manuji

    manuji Peon

    Messages:
    270
    Likes Received:
    3
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #14
    Earthing problem, please clear that..
     
    manuji, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  15. rajesh.ejob

    rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,112
    Likes Received:
    7
    Best Answers:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    140
    #15
    Give a clear earthing asap so that your present computer won't become old computer. Earthing is important to protect you from unwanted shocks and more important to protect your electrical peripherals. u can see over this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_%28electricity%29
     
    rajesh.ejob, Dec 24, 2009 IP