1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Celebrity images on Twitter & Facebook?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by fireurimagination, Sep 3, 2013.

I need to know, can I use images that Celebrities tweet or post on their FB pages on my blog without any copyright or legal issue?

fireurimagination, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just because someone posts an image on twitter or facebook does not make that image free to use, so you certainly could face a legal issue. That being said, I think it is fairly commonly expected nowadays that an image posted on facebook or twitter will be used by others so I would not expect problems from it - but purely as a matter of law, using them is not "without any copyright or legal issue" as you asked.

browntwn, Sep 3, 2013 IP
    TrafficTOM and Business Attorney like this.
  3. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like everything else on the Internet, unless there is something that says you can use it or that the image is in the public domain (by a reliable source), then assume you need permission you don't have to use it.

hockeystick, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  4. icex999

icex999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.quora.com/Copyright-Law/If-I-take-a-picture-post-it-on-my-Facebook-page-and-someone-else-takes-it-and-uses-in-some-kind-of-commercial-project-is-it-legal-to-do-so-or-the-borrower-should-have-my-approval-Its-a-FB-public-profile-and-there-are-no-legal-disclaimers-attached-UPD-Just-pulled-this-from-FB-terms-and-conditions-4
    Code (markup):

icex999, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  5. Vedmak

Vedmak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: You can try and hope you are lost in sea of people doing it without said celebrities caring.

Vedmak, Oct 10, 2013 IP