1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

***Celebrity Endorsed Secret ClickBank Launch - Sneak peek >>

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by NCMedia, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think_Big, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  2. emon878

emon878 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ncmedia I was wondering were you thinking of doing the thing with your website so that the hop
    doesn't show in the address bar like in GRTP?

emon878, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  3. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    **Great, if I were you I would do a blog, submit some articles and try to do up a squidoo. It's better to have more than 1 technique/tactic for this :)

**WOW - Really great job! There was a post here somewhere about getting your squidoo to the top 100, i didn't read the whole thread but you might want to read it, this is definitely one of the better squids i've seen :) **You might want to add a video or two from youtube to it (go to youtube, do a search for 'dancing with the stars' or 'louis van amstel', you'll see a bunch of them including the ones from this set (they are available in our marketing page for download)

**I tried that with GRTP for about a week, and the conversion did not change. Here is my take on the ugly aff link in the address bar:

1. The only time people ever really look up there is if they are very internet savvy, if I was promoting an internet marketing product, this would apply heavily. Most people that purchase things outside the IM field, don't have a clue or care about affiliate marketing, they just want their product fast, cheap, and from a reputable source-they are not concerned how the money is split up or who gets what, they just want their product.

2. If you are truly concerned with this - though it might not be the most sought after move, here is what i suggest. If you have been a part of CB for a while, you'll know how the URL looks, and that your nickname shows. The best thing to do is to make a CB account with your nickname NOT a name or word that is affiliate based, but one that looks natural or like code. Smart affiliates use nicknames like 'securepage' or 'headertop' or 'orderform1' or '342395' or letters/numbers that are gibberish - there is a method to the madness so instead of seing letsdancelouis.com/?hop=topearner, the surfer would see letsdancelouis.com/?hop=securepage. This make the user think it's a part of the site or encryption or other security/framework instead of guessing that this might be an aff link because of a silly nickname

So the answer: we are not going to redirect or try to hide that link at this point (the site would have to be switched to php and reworked to facilitate your request properly). Which may happen downstream, but conversion rates are great right now and I don't think that those looking to learn to dance or TV show fans or Louis fans are going to care about how the link works.

Gravity for this product is climbing, perhaps not as fast as I'd like but so far so good and a few affiliates are making nice daily numbers now (though I don't know who you/they are :().

We have added a bunch MORE graphics and 3 articles for now that you can submit/rewrite etc. available here.

Cheers everyone, and today is some new holiday in Canada - Family day...? Don't know too much about it yet but I'm still working!
    Norb.

NCMedia, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. Think_Big

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. I've added a couple of videos. I don't think Squidoo LensRank matters too much. The best traffic will be targeted traffic from search engines.

Think_Big, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. infopage

infopage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've already sent 4000 unique visitors with traffic redirection...so far no sales;however,I don't give up so easily...

infopage, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  6. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    that ciphersearch is bogus.. I have had over 2000 hits to one of my products from an affiliate but never a sale

Swerd, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  7. NCMedia

Best Answers:

Sending you a PM - I noticed your heavy day - over 3500 hits and no sales - I watch my traffic with various tools and see that though these are unique, they are not targeted to people looking to learn to dance. I have a few other heavy traffic no sale affiliates and it's the same problem. I'd like to speak to you by phone even to maximize your efforts, if they are not targeted you should pre-sell them more with landers/intermission pages. If some of you that are already converting want to share some tips please do.

Tonight there has been a great announcement that I must share with you. We weren't sure if Louis was going to be back on the show this year - however ABC announced the cast/launch and Louis is paired up with Elvis Presley's gem (from ABC) - PRISCILLA PRESLEY & LOUIS VAN AMSTEL - Actor and businesswoman, Priscilla Presley (Naked Gun, Dallas) is paired with Louis van Amstel who returns for his fourth season. Louis was most recently paired with Monique Coleman.

Please take a moment to see the official announcement and video at http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=index

We are extremely happy that this turn of events is unfolding right under our noses as we continue to launch the video set. I'm rather speechless to be honest, and anyone that has set up LONG TERM or SEO heavy campaigns, you guys are in for a treat as of March 17th when the show airs.

Best regards!
    Norb.

NCMedia, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  8. infopage

infopage Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by 'ciphersearch' being bogus?

NCMedia: I didn't get the PM...but I am going to switch tactics after reading the new info on the aff tools page

infopage, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  9. Think_Big

Best Answers:
    There are now plenty of videos on YouTube for this product to add to your Squidoo lenses. I've added more to mine so that there's one for each dance. See http://www.squidoo.com/learn-to-dance.

Think_Big, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  10. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How are the sales going for you guys?

roy77, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  11. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any people who promote this with Adwords? What are your results? Conversion rate?

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  12. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    **I'd love for some of you to identify yourselves too! A few people are doing great and I want to give you perks! If you've already made over 10 sales please contact me asap! We've had over 150 affiliates send at least 1 hop, only 10 or so have converting campaigns so far though... (obviously those with more hops).

**I'm seeing TONS of money being wasted by you PPC'ers due to many factors and will do my best to help you here:

Please use negative keywords - I'm going through my stats and here is a list of keys that is popping up in searches which are not buyers... please negate:

"step by step video of Thriller Dance"
    "thriller dance moves"
    "breakdance videos"
    "how to break dance"
    "learn to break dance and pop lock"
    "urban line dance"
    "Dance Ballet"
    "zumba dance"
    "bachata"
    "bachatta"
    "country line dance"
    "Hully Gully"
    Merengue Ringtones
    Salsa Ringtones
    Ringtones
    Belly Dance

I will try to update this list as new ones show up in stats.

**For those that have more time to burn than money: If I were promoting this - I would probably do something like... oh... build a blogger, squidoo, minisite.com, wordpress and create a ring of fan sites for the TV show, and put the DVD offer throughout the whole ring... I can't stress this enough: When the show launches on March 17th, those that do a good job with SEO and BUM about this product, the show, the celebrities that have been chosen etc., will see amazing sales. If you stay ON the show and do weekly updates to your fansites/minisites, serps will love you/your sites. This is an old trick really, you find out about something that has JUST happened OR that is going to be happening soon that has some buzz, and if you do a good job with seo/bum, you get flooded with relevant natural se traffic...

I have this pasted on the aff page, but want it here as well - these tips WORK - USE THEM!

Some General PPC Tips for you.

1. Don't add 50+ keywords/phrases, instead = Use your keyword tools, if you're doing adwords, USE their tool to find all your keys. Now go over them and ONLY keep the top 8-10 best (those that look like real buyers would click, forget the rest for now). Tight keywords grouped together, meaning all the keys that start with 'g2' should be under eachother together. Using 3-5 word combos with long tails will work best for the cheapest cost per click. If you cannot get volume, only then should you start to go broad and with your keylist.

2. Do NOT put 'free' anywhere in your ad or in your keywords, you will not target real buyers, and those just lurking for free info will click your ad a lot, wasting your clicks.

3. Put The Price - If someone sees a price, only those interested in potentially spending are going to click it, the rest won't-saving your ad spend.

4. Utilize the content network with 2 campaigns, no search network. "Even though my CTR is .23, I have spent less than $14 on clicks that are .08 to .11 cents, and made 3 sales so far with content network only".

5. Split test EVERY campaign, if you are targeting different countries, split test each country. You should always have at least 2 ads fighting eachother, and always tweak them, always - at least until you find what converts best. Once you do that, start another campaign and duplicate profitable efforts - potentially start other ppc avenues. "The general sequence is to test/tweak/eliminate/duplicate, this formula is what I follow and once I'm duplicating my main campaign is automated and I focus on my new ones".

6. If you cannot track campaigns, I recommend making seperate landing pages, on those pages use ClickBanks TID feature and link to TIDs from the links. Now point seperate similar keyword targeted ads at seperate pages. This will effectively show you which ads and even which keywords are converting, then duplicate profitable campaigns, eliminate the rest.

7. General: Site targeting really does work. Once you centralize your effective campaigns and notice best buyer times and zones, start using adwords timing option and pump your ads at hot times in hotspots geographicaly, you will notice a rise in sales. You can use ClickBank analytics to find out which campaigns converted, what times ppl are buying at, which country/city, etc. Log into CB - Click Reporting, now click Analytics. Use the reporting feature on the right to analyze your hops.

8. Be creative, always think like a customer that is potentially ready to buy. Sometimes the oddest phrases that have no data in adwords tools convert like crazy, sometimes the most competitive words are still worth chasing. Testing campaigns can get tedious however it does payoff to really prepare well for 2 hours and post your ads in 5 minutes, than to post a bunch of template ads above and spend the next two days changing them.

9. Turn your ads OFF at 3am - 7am - people are not in the right state of mind to buy at these times (not this type of product anyway.

10. Do YOU Question Your Ads? << people will react BEST when - there is something to react to. Positioning your ad as a question yeilds prime results!

Popular PPC Programs:

www.google.com
    www.overture.com
    www.adbrite.com
    www.Kanoodle.com
    www.Findwhat.com
    www.epilot.com
    www.mygeek.com
    www.pageseeker.com
    www.bidclix.com
    www.payperranking.com
    www.Enhance.com
    www.7search.com
    www.Searchitfast.com
    www.Search123.com
    http://insite.lycos.com
    www.splut.com
    www.xuppa.com
    www.brainfox.com
    www.businessppc.com
    www.espotting.com
    www.pointcom.com
    www.sabril.com
    www.searchhound.com
    www.goclick.com
    www.LookSmart.com
    www.hootingowl.com
    www.hotways.com

Misconceptions about keywords - the TRUTH!

Most people tend to think that keyword lists only apply to PPC campaigns. While they ARE great for your PPC efforts, and finding your goldmine keys, keep in mind that keywords should be utilized throughout your ENTIRE campaign and on any/all assets possible. Some examples of how to effectively utilize these in your BUM and other marketing tactics.

1. Get a domain name and landing page, point your domain to your landing page. Make your landing page full of amazing copy utilizing the kewords as page title, meta tags, first text ON the page, create anchor text with keywords/phrases, create ALT text with them, create links out of the phrases (using your hoplink from the text link), comment tags, etc.

2. Video submissions: If you don't know this yet, you can submit videos, and in the description part, you can plug your .com - USE THIS! We have 8 videos up top with more coming, upload them to youtube and any other video site whilst plugging your .com in there too.

3. Article/blog/squidoo submissions: VERY IMPORTANT to use these keywords (or others you've mined) in you article title, in your first few paragraphs, and in variations throughout your read, don't use all of them, use a maximum of 5 - or in this case you can also mention all 8 dances, however don't try to use ALL the keys. Alternatively you can write 10 articles, and focus every 2 articles around a different group of keys. Always put your .com in the author box with an engaging call to action.

Basically anwhere you are utilizing text for your non-intrusive endorsements, always try your best to utilize your keywords be they on landers, PPC ads, articles, mini-sites etc.

Cheers everyone, thank you for your continued support!
    Norb.

EDIT: Forgot to add: Best converting time slots averaged out at 18:00-20:00 for evenings and for some odd reason 8-11am, third is 1-3pm.

Most popular geos: US and GB - either nobody is advertising in canada - or we don't like to dance, only 1 sale so far from CA. (that was more like a hint...)...

NCMedia, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  13. veneficuz

veneficuz Peon

Best Answers:
    Merchant encouraging negative keywords! That's just good business. I think I might cry.

GL merchant, and GL Affliates.

veneficuz, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  14. Think_Big

Best Answers:
    Like this one http://www.squidoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars-season-6

Think_Big, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  15. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    **Hehe, thanks Vene - I think it is important to provide my affiliates the best and most relevant marketing material possible. You'll notice vendors giving out awareness campaign keys which are horrible, and yes - rarely will you see neg keys because the vendor still wants the awareness, be it as broad/general as possible. We truly value anyone that is putting any effort/time/money towards this so I don't want you guys promoting awareness campaigns - I want you to be making sales!!

**YOU are brave, and very smart to have taken the advice. Showing it to others is a very nice gesture though you may attract competition, something tells me you want that though, so perhaps you can make yours even stronger :p Great job Think Big - you are indeed 'thinking big'.

So far the overall callout and campaign are doing great. We've even managed to get to the cbtrends page1 of their hot products - http://www.cbtrends.com/popular-clickbank-products-1.html To see some graphs/charts please type in 'idance' into the vendor performance field at http://www.cbtrends.com/clickbank-products-performance-trends.html

What I'm observing: PPC'ers - USE EXACT MATCH on your keys - I'm still seeing quite a few irrelevant searches and clicks for this from 'ringtones' to 'learn to break dance' etc quite often. You must get rid of these clicks or they will eat your adspend - too broad/general, use negative keys and exact matching. You WILL get less clicks (depending on your CPC$ max), however you will target real buyers and negate the rest=better conversion rate.

We're still tweaking, and wouldn't you know it - there is NO difference so far across the board between the different landing approaches we take. Conversion mastering has had no effect :) which is nice and means we've maxed it out, however if anyone has other suggestions please PM me - all suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend,
    Best,
    Norb.

NCMedia, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  16. Think_Big

Best Answers:
    There is a big market for this so there's plenty to go around. There are more niche angles you could take on a lens for this product than there would be time to build even if you worked at it all day. If showing it helps others then that's a good thing. The lens is already getting Google traffic and that's all I need.

Sharing does mean you get some one star ratings but what people doing this don't realize is that they're actually giving your lens a small LensRank boost. A one star rating is better than no rating at all. It might not look as good but it boosts the LensRank and most visitors care about the product they're searching for, not stars on the page.

My advice to everyone is to go for highly targeted niche traffic.

Think_Big, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  17. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    Hi gang,

First, thank you all for taking part in this promotion, we value it tremendously!

The current push is going well however we'd love to see more of you come on board for this as the TV show with Louis airs tomorrow/17th.

I've seen some of you convert very well and others just didn't have success no matter how much traffic they threw at it - for the people that chose their campaign deployment wisely and used a mixture of techniques, you've surpassed our expectations - though there are not many of you...

We are going to be updating the affiliate resources soon as well with new creatives for your use, however the current ones are still strong and get great CTR from PPC to bum...

Please freshen up your campaigns or add another tactic to your arsenol, as of tomorrow the search results et al are going to be huge... http://nichechoppers.com/niche-product-letsdancelouis.html

Thanks everyone!
    Norb.

NCMedia, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  18. Cenny

Cenny Member

Best Answers:
    This products looks great and I would expect lots of affiliates promoting this. Why such a low gravity (8.55)?
    There are products with crappy landing pages which can't even be the disclamer page of this and have gravity above 10. I really wonder where the problem is?

Cenny, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  19. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is a high fly product that pittered out...

Patchkaa, Sep 3, 2008 IP