1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CDN Question - How to get the data if needed

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Snowfox7, Apr 13, 2018.

Hi,
    I have a customer and trying to help him change Web Design companies. I thought everything was on his hosting account / server but when I look through his site, he has set up a CDN for some of the css and images set up on Amazon SWS.

I would think that normally when a Web Designer sets up a CDN they would do it under the clients name/ account, but it looks like this Web Designer set it up under his company therefore he has full control. He has been paid in full for his services but I am sure he will be unhappy when he is informed his services are no longer required and we do not have access to the Amazon account. If I follow the link to see what is shown, there is a long list of items but I am not even sure if they are all his because it seems there is way to many .css files. Almost like the client does not have his own section.

We may have no problem yet but I am trying to be proactive here in case the designer is disgruntled.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks,
    Snowfox

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Snowfox7, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  2. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    You wont face any issues when you will switch the CDN service. The CDN service will process all the css images and js files their server. You can do this when there is less flow of traffic to the website. The CDN service create a cache of all the files that are static. When you switch to a different CDN. They will do the same caching all the static files on their server. You just have switch the cdn path. I am not sure yet how CDN is set. He might be using some module or nameservers.

AlphaNine_Vini, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  3. Snowfox7

Snowfox7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. Ok, I understand. My first thought was that the webmaster had actually only stored the data on the CDN, the links in the raw code point to it. When the webmaster explained how he was setting up the CDN he made it sound like it took 4 hours and that it was difficult but it sounds like it is just a cache of the content. :).

Snowfox7, Apr 19, 2018 IP