1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ccTLD and advantage for regional targeting

Discussion in 'Google' started by vic_msn, Jan 21, 2007.

Suppose I find a keyword which is more prominently searched in UK than India and if I register a .co.uk domain will it help me to rank better in Google UK than a .in domain performing well in a Google.co.uk site ?

vic_msn, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  2. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ,
    Im not an expert like many here but from experience...

You'll rank better if you have a ".co.uk" address when people search using a keyword AND select the "Pages from UK" near Google search bar.

OR.. If you had a .in address but were hosted in UK , youll experience same , but only with the "Pages from UK" option selected..

Some others here can hopefully expand on this :)

Cheers

sparksflying, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  3. rainborick

rainborick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These days, all three major search engines give a great deal of weight to geo-location in their country-specific websites - even when users DO NOT choose the in-country only option. So, getting a domain's geo-location properly recognized is an important concern. The only two methods of determining geo-location in common among the big 3 are (1) the presence of a ccTLD, and (2) the geo-location of the server that hosts the domain, based on its IP address. So the answer to the original poster's question is a resounding YES! Getting a .co.uk domain will do you an enormous amount of good in targeting users from the UK.

rainborick, Jan 21, 2007 IP