1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.cc domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by clasione, Apr 26, 2005.

I was talking with someone about .cc domains last night... When I went to go look for what's still available, believe it or not, there are actually lots of domain names still available in .cc

One that I remember off the top of my head was textlink.cc - I think abcnews.cc was available.... and there were alot of other .cc's available...

You should take a look at .cc's, may be worth a few minuets of playing around... .cc is coco island's and handled by Verisign......

just a little domain advice leaking out..... :)

clasione, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  2. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    I think they cost more...at least they used to.

chachi, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  3. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno what the big deal is with .cc, is it better than .info or others?
    I saw someone offering sing.cc for $50000. Yeah right someones gonna pay that!

Dejavu, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  4. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I like.CC for certain connotations like "country club" or "credit card" .CC is pricey but I have registered names with this extension because for me getting exactly the right keyword/keyphrase is very important if the .COM, .NET and .US for my desired SLD are taken. I have, e.g.:

adultfriendfinder.cc (country club)
    balancetransfer.cc (credit card)
    businesscreditcards.cc (credit card)
    et al.

Of course, type-in traffic won't be as good as a .COM or a .NET so one needs to be prepared to do lots of optimizing and backlinking in order to get good traffic.

I think that .CC is really maturing now. Fully developed sites like space.cc are popping up all over the place. And big boys like MS are even jumping on board: check out creditcards.cc :D

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% on using .cc for a name with 2 words both starting with a "c" ... very brandable!
    Other than that the tld is rediculous especially costing $50/yr and having promoted a fake $1 Million sale 5 years ago for beauty.cc

Blogmaster, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I get a discount for my .CC registrations and renewals from GoDaddy since I have over 400 names with them. @ my last bulk renewal of names, I got a rate of $17.95 per year for each of my .CC names @ GoDaddy.

No arguments here about that beauty.cc sham. That almost ruined the TLD for everybody!

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    don't get me wrong, I may register one of those domains if I ever find one that just fits

Blogmaster, Apr 27, 2005 IP