1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Case Study] Here's how to increase blog conversion rates by up to 500%

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JLeon, Mar 26, 2015.

Hi everybody,

If you're a blogger, the most imortant thing is to collect your visitors email address so you can follow up on them and build up your audience.

However, getting people to sign up to your email list isn't that easy. The majority of blogs have a conversion rate of less than 1%. So that means for every 1000 visitors you only get 10 sign ups, which means it will take ages to build up a large following and get a steady amount of traffic, especially if you're just starting out.

I learned a technique called the "content upgrade method" from Brian Dean from backlinko. What he does is instead of simply offering a free report, he offers a bonus related specifically to the post people are reading. These can be a related pdf, video, checklist etc.

I tested this out on a blog that didn't get ANY traffic, and the results were amazing: a conversion rate of 4,71%+ adding 27 subscribers to my list in just 2 days. Check the stats here:

[​IMG]

I actually added my own little twist to his method. :)

What he does is to add a post specific upgrade in order for people to sign up to his list. Here's what i did:
    -> Create 3 super high quality guides
    -> Turn them into pdf format
    -> Tell people they can instantly download all my guides for free if they sign up to my list

That's it!

Just think about it, the average blog gets a less than 1% conversion rate. I managed to get an almost 5% conversion rate on a blog that got zero traffic 3 days ago. Not bad right? ;)

So just be creative, take action and grow your list 5x as fast as before!

I've created a detailed post about this case study too. If you're interested, Here you can find that, i'm sure it will help some of you out!

All the best,
    Jens

JLeon, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  2. carot

carot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice tip and nice blog you got going there. As IM'ers say "the money is in the list" and this is actually a good way to grow that list faster than the average blogger. Thanks!

carot, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  3. JLeon

JLeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello,

Yeah that's right, the money is in the list and if you can grow it 5 times as fast by taking just an extra step that's well worth it. :)

Cheers,
    Jens

JLeon, Mar 26, 2015 IP