1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CardPreviews.com - Credit card site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by my3cents, Aug 19, 2005.

Hello,

I am looking to sell CardPreviews.com. The site comes with the pages you see, as well as an custom admin page that lets you add, remove or edit cards. I have not promoted the site at all since starting it back in February sometime. I have no traffic stats. Since February I've only earned about $300+ from the site.

It is indexed by the big three. Some example search terms still doing well are:

marathon credit card - page 1 Yahoo
    jeep visa rewards - page 2 MSN
    citi dividend credit card - page 2 MSN
    credit card previews - page 1 MSN

The content for the site is all driven from a MySQL database I built. So using the above custom admin page you can add more cards to the database, or change and delete cards. In the database, most the cards are already categorized in the following:

Cash Back
    Airline
    Business
    Student
    Poor Credit
    Travel
    Reward
    General
    Auto
    Gas
    Entertainment

But as you can see on the site, I have not fully developed sections to view cards by these categories. That can easily be done by the new owner if you know a little Perl.

The new owner would also need to join the affiliate program associated with the site, or you could use any other programs as well. The site admin tool allows you to add any type of cards from any programs as long as they have an image, and link and some text.

Some of the current site data is out of date. It would need to be reviewed and updated based on the affiliates current promotions for the various cards.

Lastly, I have never sold a site before and don't quite know how to transfer the domain over to someone else without incurring great expense (Register.com appears to charge $200 to transer a domain to a new owner!) Does anyone know more about this topic? Is there a cheaper way to transer domains? Please note, the new owner will incur the expense of the domain transfer on top of the bid price. So if you have any alternative solutions to avoid the $200 Register.com fee I am open to suggestions. There has to be a cheaper way that I just don't know about yet.

I'm looking to sell for at least what it made this year (~$300). Please consider that as a baseline for any offers if you are interested. One more note, the domain is registered through 2007.

As for offers... I will take the best offer I receive by Sunday night (Aug. 21st) that meets or exceeds my baseline price. Please either post or PM me.

Thanks!

my3cents, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  2. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    City2, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Escrow.com and Sedo.com have cheaper options. I recently bought a domain through sedo, was about $50 in transfer fees total. You can either split the transaction fees, or have one person pay it all.

Mine was a little trickier, since the seller was in France, and I'm in the U.S. You can probably do it cheaper if buyers/sellers are in the US.

Sharpseo, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  4. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the advice Sharpseo. I will look into using those sites.

my3cents, Aug 21, 2005 IP