1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Card Payment Transaction Info

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Qtac, Jan 18, 2006.

Hi,

Our company is looking to sell our products online. We have developed a shopping cart in house and are now looking at dealing with card payment transactions.

We want to have full control over the transactions and don't want them sent to a third party. Nobody within our company has experience of building card payment systems and so a consultant is coming in soon 'to have a chat'. I'm guessing he's going to advise that he build's the entire system for us (including the shopping cart which we've already built) even though he has confessed to 'not being a programmer'.

I was wondering if anyone could give advise on how to go about building a payment system or point me in the write direction so that we don't get our pants pulled down on this!?

Thanks,

Lee.

Qtac, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you already have a shopping cart, all you really need is a checkout system. Auhtorize.net, Verisign and a few other payment gateway companies allow your visitors to remain on your site for the entire transaction cycle. Personally I would recommend authorize.net as it is much cheaper than Verisign.

There are a few paid and free scripts that can integrate into a website:
    Paid:
    http://www.authnetscripts.com/

I have personally used this company. You can probably find their script somewhere for free, but they offer excellent support and their scripts are very easy and straightforward to install.

For free scripts I would check out hotscripts.com. They have several scripts for Verisign, authorize.net and others.

As far as programming your own, if you can code a fully functional shopping cart, it isn't that much harder to code a payment processing program.

What language are you coding in?

jestep, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  3. boodidyajump

boodidyajump Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'm impressed you've designed your own shopping cart (i would have suggested 'mals').

however, even for the UK paypal is now a serious option but given your preferences why not try "streamline".

boodidyajump, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  4. Qtac

Qtac Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your quick responses!

Jestep: We're coding in vb.NET, we're a little hesitant to do the work ourselves (with it being our first online order system) but I'll have a look at your suggestions. The problem that I've found is that in books I've looked at e-commerce examples are just shopping carts and don't delve into checkout systems.

Boodidyajump: Streamline sounds interesting - we use them internally here. I'll take a look at that possibility.

Qtac, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  5. adolix

adolix Peon

Best Answers:
    jestep, http://www.auhtorize.net/ is what you are talkning about ??? look what it contains! one archive is passworded, one is a IM-bomber.... what's happening?

adolix, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  6. boodidyajump

boodidyajump Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    boodidyajump, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  7. adolix

adolix Peon

Best Answers:
    uppps :D what a little misspelling can do :)

adolix, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  8. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My error, authorize.net.

I typo'd it.

jestep, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  9. jagan

jagan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also try 2checkout.com

jagan, Jan 19, 2006 IP