1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cantufind.com's Search Challenges the results of others!

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by cantufind, Dec 19, 2005.

Hi there,

Without being bombastic we at Cantufind.com think that through some pretty clever scriptwork, (quiet confidence that having some Chinese scriptwriters working for us :p ) we can now produce results that are more relevant and easier to understand than; quite frankly ANY of the so called big guns can field. We watched all the work Google, MSN and Yahoo put in to gain 'relevant' searches and could see they were missing the obvious; we didn't and capitalized on that.

We have been through the mill with Google and they even blacklisted us for about 6 months which all but crippled us but the amazing thing is.....They still paid us Adsense revenue for pulling in much needed visitors for them! We won't be long going our own way but in a much cheaper fashion called FREEADS where the banners are now. We have other ways to earn than to charge so will be offering the ad space to GENUINE contenders for the best in their field. For example if our panel of PAID yep we pay our editors! feel that this is the best SEO forum on the web we will be putting that as a banner link! Why? because we can and it is a loss leader for our other concerns.

Take a look at the sad competition between Yahoo and Google ran by someone recently, the results were poor to say the least. So we sat back and laughed while we finalized our engine and protected our servers, all ??>???? of them!

Let's beat the so called big boys at their own game is our motto and Cantufind.com aims to be the People's search engine as there will be no favourites just pure quality based on our army of editors who get paid not to show favor! Granted it will mean a max of three weeks to get listed based on our workload at present but considering we are already in China, the wait will be well worth it! One negative point though is we are still negotiationg a contract for our Shopping feed which will probably be Amazon, and one or two others thrown in but hey, you can't have it all! YET.

Let's see if we can do what we say we can :eek: Beat them at their own game!

All at Cantufind.com

cantufind, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  2. sayyes

sayyes Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate on the obvious thing they are missing?

sayyes, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  3. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I won't, save for the fact that they have all built monsters that not one of them can control. They are all looking at the public to help them to make better searches and kidding them into doing so, sitemaps, 'help us build a better search' and so on! Yahoo's constant beta stage it goes on.

Do you really want to know the obvious thing they are missing? They are missing the fact that akin to pennies making dollars, small sites that don't have huge links in them, (Who wants to link to competitors?), or the correct metatags etc, but have ultra high quality products/sites are getting ignored. The analogy is thus, 'look after the smaller sites and they in the long term will look after you!' Sounds philosophical I know and I expect you to beat me up for it but I have seen thousands, no, tens of thousands of refugees of Googles' new algorithms come to Cantufind simply because they are no longer to be found in Google, they want a search engine that talks to them and tells them what they are doing wrong, its called the personal touch. No matter how far advanced we get in search technology you will never beat the personal touch, and for one Cantufind.com has that in abundance.

Sorry I can't be more specific but that would be doing the Big Boy's work for them and wasting all the money we put into Cantufind.com which hasn't even been advertised yet! When it is we are massively confident that we are going to be up there in the dizzy hights but with the ethos that no site is to small as long as it has quality!

4. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DirtyDog, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  5. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer cantfindshit.com Well that's your opinion and the very reason why Cantufind.com is in the game. Sorry we thought this forum was a serious one but guess not huh? Mind you the site you mention has a great page rank!

6. Presentationrentals

Presentationrentals Peon

Best Answers:
    This is another site using the Google API.

cantufind,

Are you Kevin G?

Presentationrentals, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  7. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Cantfindshit might be using Google API that's why it cantfind shit! And no this is not Kevin G?

cantufind, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  8. Presentationrentals

Presentationrentals Peon

Best Answers:
    I’m not sure if this was directed at me or not. I said that other site is using a Google API.

9. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope, wasn't but as you thought it might be I deleted the post. Why ask if I was Kevin G? P.M me on that one at Interesting question that one., I might have a multiple personality disorder or something? Do you know a Kevin G?

Respect.

10. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:

Where is your index built from? I've never seen one of your crawlers yet have sites indexed.
    The results are a little slow to be returned if I'm honest.
    Doing a search on a URL name (Without the extension) is returning some odd results based on the example I used...

SEbasic, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  11. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is their using data from the major search engines.

mdvaldosta, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  12. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine too...

SEbasic, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  13. Presentationrentals

Presentationrentals Peon

Best Answers:

what is your @cantufind.com email address?

OK to PM if you prefer. I just want to make sure we are talking to someone from cantufind.com here. I will not post to the board.

PS: I asked of you were Kevin G after doing a whois on the URL

14. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Uum, not telling you sorry!

Unlikely on that, this more probably is to be your P.C as the results return in nano seconds, however we are a split 10/1000 slower than just one of our rivals.

What urls are you using? We done some and yes you get some spurious results but very rarely and there is not huge differnces in us and the competition. We done some tests on such items as the following and found the results to be just fine save for the fact that sites have their own problems with metatags etc....

ferrari car bumpers
    elephant upkeep
    bin laden
    cottages in wales

theorangepages
    webmasterworld

and so on...... The more obscure the search the harder our engines have to work to trawl our data. You are however 100% correct on the slow part, our Backbone servers are on high throttle here for reasons unknown as yet. Could be some idiots pinging us again. People hate to see someone trying and try to interupt service. Please don't be put off by that the speed issue will always be temporary and the relevancy worth the nano second of waiting.

We thank you for your valuable input though and will work on this...

15. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:

Nope, your guess would be wrong. There are Companies out there that can afford databases you know:eek: Anyone with half a million quid can build an entire data center and if you have a kind Mum and Dad and a brill team of programmers you can do anything. :D Chinese are the best!

16. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a little silly. :)
    I was running a powerpc g5 with 2 gig of ram sitting on a 2 meg leased line... I doubt it was me.
    'oweb' was the example I tested, and the results *are* pretty different to your competition.

Good luck with it. :)

SEbasic, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  17. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Try not to guess as you are not correct. Just accept the search for the good one it is. We intend to work with you not against and will be a lot easier to deal with than others. But come on, reality check, do you see Google etc give you Corperate info?

18. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually yes - I'd say they are pretty open about how they populate their search index.

SEbasic, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  19. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I also don't see them posting in forums about how great they are either.

Best of luck with your venture though...Not sure I would spend $500,000 but not have a marketing budget, but if it works for you ;)

yfs1, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  20. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Confident and cocky. I think you'll do well with your business. Good luck.

EveryQuery, Dec 20, 2005 IP