1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't upload gif to tweets on my MAC anymore. No answer from Support.

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Clarabela1000, May 31, 2016.

Just wondering if anyone knows why this could be.
    I can use the photo or gif feature when tweeting from my iPhone but I usually use my MAC and all of sudden I can't upload gifs anymore.

When I try to do it via GIPHY ( the gif feature) I get an image that seems to be in status of uploading but it never does. It remains forever in loading status. If I try to use the 'photo' feature, I choose a gif but nothing gets added and no error. I was able to use this before.

I can add pictures just fine. It seems to be only a gif file issue.

I tried to clean cookies, history. Anyone knows what could be?

Thank you!

Clarabela1000, May 31, 2016 IP
  2. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should try to clean your browser cache and see if it works. Because I am uploading gif's natively just fine from my mac.

Actually, let me ask you this. Is it static when you upload it and before you press on tweet or is the actually tweet also static. Maybe when you execute the tweet, it might be playing.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  3. Clarabela1000

Clarabela1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply. I tried to clean the browser cache and nothing. I know now it's a Safari issue because I can do it fine using twitter.com with other browser like firefox. It was working just fine until now, so I got frustrated because it must be something simple. From the photo icon, I select the file but nothing gets added and no error. From the gif feature I see the image being in continuous status of uploading but it never finishes and I just hit cancel. Anyway, I gave up and If I'm tweeting from twitter.com I know use firefox.
    Thank you anyway for your input!

Clarabela1000, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  4. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for not be able to give you the answers you are looking for. But if you have an alternative solution for your problem, you should stick to it. You should consider trying Chrome. I stopped using Safari around last year and now I am constantly on Chrome.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Jun 4, 2016 IP