1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Can't Sell Certain websites here without hiding domain

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by cbusiness, Oct 10, 2013.

Just wondering if DP bosses thought this out.

You cannot sell websites here like those that are Google/Bing/Yahoo News approved because the domain will be exposed and it risks site being demoted from such services..

Other examples exist as well, considering many 'flippers' buy here. If the domain is exposed however, many Vets won't touch deals b/c the person that's to buy it from them will have access to that information.

Food for thought

cbusiness, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why would transferring ownership of a domain change it's ability to be classified as a news site? Like CNN was sold, Google would pull it from Google News?

digitalpoint, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  3. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    Comparing the treatment CNN owners gets to the daily user of DP is not even close to reasonable conversation bro.

Yes, these Search Comps will indeed UnApprove sites that are sold with Google News or other features

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you want us to help you violate Google News terms of service since they don't allow you to sell your domain and continue to be a "news" site?

5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not against their TOS (they only remove sites that stop publishing news or are found to be junk). I think the OP just wants the option to hide the URL in sales threads and has waffled a bit too much when asking.

ryan_uk, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm telling you what I was advised several times by some flippa/marketplace veterans to NEVER list a Google News Site without privacy as google will unapprove and remove your site from services.

ALso, I was approached by buyers here before that said they wanted to see everything I've never listed. Just my opinion, as anyone who has money (and i know you do), privacy is valued in all instances of internet business.

7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    With their tinfoil hat on?

If the site is junk, it won't matter if the URL is published or not. Google will eventually pick that up from the site itself. That's where the issue is with these "Google News approved" sites that get sold.

Do you want to hide the URL from anyone on the site or just search engines (link in the link sales section)? Unless something shady is going on, I don't see any reason to hide anything.

ryan_uk, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah truthfully, I don't see any upside to allowing sellers to not disclose what they are selling. I see it only causing problems. What buyer would bid on something without knowing what it is?

9. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can the 'seeing' not be done in private?

giorgioarmani, Oct 21, 2013 IP
    cbusiness likes this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's fine, and there are other sites they can do their deals at. At this site we show them.

sarahk, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  11. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    exactly.

I am sure some people would pay an extra $2 fee to privatize their listing. Could earn this site a lot just by testing it out.

cbusiness, Oct 22, 2013 IP