1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cant see ads.

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by verysoggy, May 8, 2006.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why my ads which has hundred of clicks, with specific targetted geo location (US), position for keywords ave 1.2 and I cant see my own ad.

I am based in Australia. What I did was I goto msn.com then do the search like normal as well as using the Builder then have loc:us type into my search.

Did I do anything wrong?

Please help.

verysoggy, May 8, 2006 IP
  2. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is still geotargeting you based on your location. Try going to adcenter.search.msn.com to see your ads. Otherwise, you will need to go through a proxy.

Jenstar, May 8, 2006 IP
  3. verysoggy

verysoggy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks jenstar,

ok. I tried your adcenter.search.msn.com advice, but still no show. What do you mean when I need to go thru a proxy. How do I do it?

With Google all I have to do &gl=us to see my ads on display.

thanks

verysoggy, May 8, 2006 IP
  4. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe she meant that you will need to access your ads via a proxy IP address that's based in the US. You may be able to find a suitable proxy IP here:

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, May 16, 2006 IP
  5. skunker

skunker Guest

Best Answers:
    I already posted this problem in another thread. Yes, I am getting the same problem and MSN is STILL "working on it" for almost a week now.

skunker, May 16, 2006 IP
  6. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if yall need someone to check post the terms and site we are loooking for i will check for you as i know i had people help me test the YPN targeting to ensure Int werent seeing my ad.

xboxundone, May 17, 2006 IP
  7. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help as well, if need be. I'm located in the United States.

Sam

WebFreedom, May 17, 2006 IP
  8. skunker

skunker Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, but I need people in my local area. i am having trouble with regional targeting.

skunker, May 17, 2006 IP
  9. skunker

skunker Guest

Best Answers:
    Still not fixed.......:(

skunker, May 20, 2006 IP
  10. mykel79

mykel79 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure how goint to adcenter.search.msn.com will help. The country option is described as:
    "Use this option to search for web pages from the country/region selected"

What I want is to be treated as person from the US when I'm in fact in Europe.

Is there an option I'm missing here? It's so frustrating not being able to see where my ads are showing and what the competition is.

mykel79, May 30, 2006 IP
  11. adCenter411

adCenter411 Guest

Best Answers:
    hi everyone,
    right now, because of the IP address component of our targeting, there's not a way to see your ads if you're located outside of the region you're targeting. so if you live in the UK and you're running US campaigns, or if you live in wyoming and you're targeting los angeles, the only way to see your ads is through a proxy server.

we've heard that this is a big pain point for our advertisers, so developing a way for advertisers to see their ads from wherever they're located is on our list of feature requests. i don't have an ETA on when this will be released, but in the meantime, you will need to see your ads through a proxy server.

if you are unable to see your ads even with a proxy server, that might be a different issue - if that's the case, please contact adCenter support. skunker - was support able to help you eventually?

thanks!
    adCenter411

adCenter411, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  12. skunker

skunker Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi adcenter,
    My ads have magically reappeared after giving up:) So, I'll just leave it alone for now since it's working. Thanks.

skunker, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  13. ValuableVisitors

ValuableVisitors Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anything is better than Google. I was never able to see our Google ads. Admittedly, we were ranked very low for the keywords that we targetted but the lack of predictability in Google AdWords turned me off of their system. Also, they have rediculously high minimum bid requirements for popular keywords (i.e. $5.00 for MySpace). At least MSN is more reasonable.

ValuableVisitors, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  14. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that as adCenter and YPN grow and develop more functionality, there will be more and more competitive pressure applied to AdWords - which is good news for all of us. ;) Nice to see that adCenter is active in the forums, as well, and is listening to its users - that's a big plus in my book. :)

Sam

WebFreedom, Jun 7, 2006 IP