1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't list more than 200 business on a Google Map - help

Discussion in 'Google' started by Dominic, Jan 7, 2009.

The problem I have is I want to list 350+ businesses on the one Google map and then use the link to this map feature and place the iframe on a site.

However, after 200 listings it goes to page two of the map. The 150 remaining listings appear on page two. This is a problem as page two has a different iframe featuring only the 150 listings from page two.

I tried fooling with the Google Maps URL to call more than 200 listings like this: &start=0&num=400 which doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to get around this product flaw for Google Maps?

I want to be able to put as many listings on the same map as I want and call all listings through the one iframe.

Dominic, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  2. William 

William  Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Although I am not completely sure I know how to help you, I would like to suggest you returning to Google and googling things like "yourproblemhere GOOGLE solved" "yourproblem here FIX", etc. and perhaps you could find out some helpful things from there. That is, primarily barring noone else here can offer you further assistance.

Either way, best of luck

Regards,

William

William , Jan 8, 2009 IP
  3. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your pointless reply William.

Anyone else with actual insight or experience solving this problem?

Dominic, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  4. William 

William  Guest

Best Answers:
    It was merely a suggestion, and I only suggested it since no one else seemed to be able to help you at this time..

William , Jan 12, 2009 IP
  5. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no solution for this problem provided directly by Google, maximum 200 records will show in each page.
    Changing parameters won't help as well, so here is my suggestion that might help you solve such an issue.

On your own site you can do those steps:
    1- Create two seperate frames for each map, the first will list 200 records and the others will be listed on the second.
    2- Hide the second frame (#2) using simple java script code and style parameters.. display: none; / display: block;

Otherwise if you are not totally satisfied with this simple trick you need to do it directly via the API ;)

Hope i was helpful, and REP is most appreciated dude.

IEmailer.com, Jan 12, 2009 IP