1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't list domain, keep getting Domain ownership verification failed.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Marksell, Jul 17, 2015.

I keep getting error -

Domain ownership verification failed.
    You can find instructions to verify ownership of cryptdata.com over here.

The Domain is CryptData.com. I have already added my TXT record. and checked it at
    http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=txt%3acryptdata.com&run=toolpage
    But for some reason, DP refuses to verify it. Can someone suggest what I'm missing here.
    Edit:
    I am trying to get a file uploaded and test verification through that now.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Marksell, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you posted friday, there's a good chance you've gotten it cleared up. If not, this may help.

What tends to be the case when a name fails to pass ownership verification on a marketplace (assuming everything else is correct), is the name is already listed on that marketplace. ~Most (putting that lightly) marketplaces sweep through the active listings to determine if the name is still in the ownership of the person who originally/still has it listed. How regularly that occurs isn't something I've looked into. What you should do is check to see if that name is still currently listed on the marketplace. If it is, you'll need to contact support to have it removed.

If not, and this isn't something I could verify with experience, but make sure all of the necessary/required contact information is filled in. Name, address, etc. This is an issue people tend to run into when performing a process on a newly created account, referring to your account...

I just reread your OP, assuming you mean the dp marketplace. So I'm assuming you followed this? https://forums.digitalpoint.com/marketplace/domain-verify-help

Pulled this from another/similar thread (haven't listed here in awhile)..."Check I believe this is the right category, type in domain hit enter, read the error message, and click on link. that reads, "You can find instructions to verify ownership of xxxxxxx over here."

And disable ad-block if you have it installed or any other addon that would screw w/ the load.

sweetpea69, Jul 20, 2015 IP