1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't get site into S.E.R.P. - Not a newbie problem

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by PixelHut, Oct 18, 2012.

Let's just start with clearing few things. I'm no newbie at seo, I'm doing this for about 5 years or so and this is the first time I have this problem.

A friend of mine decided to buy some old website and move it to his host and while doing this, he also switched from some custom cms to wordpress cms (it's simple 6 page business page, just basic stuff and yes, urls are same as before and 301 is also fixed). I helped him with setting everything on localhost (xampp), so that we had everythig set up for the move. He decided to move domain to new registrar. While moving domain, he already sign in new nameservers (the deal was that we will set up whole site at new host before before changing nameserver, but he is new to this and forgot). The next morning domain was pointing at new host where you could see brand new instalation of wp and nothing else, but that's ok. The weird thing is that site disappeared from google index the same night domain transfer was going on and now we can't get it back.

We fix the site the same day and we thought everything will be ok when google comes back to visit. But no. We listed site into google webmaster tools and hook up analytics. Traffic is comming, but just not from google (site if fully indexable). Webmaster doesn't show any errors and even says that site was indexed. I went trou whole gwt to see if tool reports any error or anything else that could prevent site from showing in serp, but nothing comes up. GWT say everything is ok. It even says site was indexed today. But site is still not showing up. Yes, I tried with site:minesite.com, but no resoults. Now,a month and half went buy and we still can't make this work. I never had this problem before. Not even close to this.

Of course I tried to ping the site, bookmarked, twitted, I even build about 10 different articles over my own high quality support blog network, but nothing happens. What could be wrong? I', totally out of ideas.

What else can I do?

PixelHut, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  2. soccerfriend

soccerfriend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, Don't Panic :)

your domain was slapped by google.. who knows for what.. can be duplicated content, panda, penguin update or just being offline or unreachable for some time...

one of my sites was down for about 2 weeks and got slapped like this.. used to be on the 1 st page for many keywords.. now does not shows up in SERPs at all.. despite being PR4 site.

I think it will be ok.. just have to wait from 6 month to 2 years for the things to get better

soccerfriend, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  3. PixelHut

PixelHut Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Believe me, I', not panicing. It's not my site and I didn't f*ck up. Just trying to help a friend. He also doesn't have 6-24 months, since this site is important for the business he bought with the site. The whole site was down for maybe 10 hours (the site was up the whole site, it just showed empty wp for few h) so that really shouldn't be reason. I had my sites down for much longer period of time (server crashed while I was on holiday) and they always came back in matter of days.

This one is out side of my understanding.

PixelHut, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  4. kuszeras

kuszeras Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had similar problem lately with my new site. It started to show in the results, then I sc*ed things up haven't noticed it and got about 10hours downtime in the night and now I am nowhere...

Maybe Google started to pay more attention to uptime? I hope that penalty is short...

kuszeras, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  5. PixelHut

PixelHut Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I hope that this will be short too... but is not. It's already more then 6 weeks. Site was online the whole time, just content was different for couple of hours. I can't believe that penalty for this would be so severe.

Any idea? Maybe some gwt setting that I don't know about? or anything else?

PixelHut, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  6. MarcCpaSaw

MarcCpaSaw Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Does the site show up at all in Google when you type in the direct domain?

MarcCpaSaw, Oct 21, 2012 IP