1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't get ride of a spyware catched on a crack website

Discussion in 'Security' started by jjredox, Oct 23, 2006.

Raaaaaaa.....
    i have tried SO many adware, spyremover and antivirus.... but none of them can get ride of this stupid adware i stupidly catched on one of those carck website... and the funniest is that i was trying to grab a crack for a adware program... when i did not needed one... what a lesson.
    Anyway i am now left with this adware/virus that i catch on one of those crack website. it is one that ask you to download an .exe program before being able to get the crack. and after that, i got pop up ad coming from everywhere every 5min... i tried spyware detector, spysweeper, norton anti virus, ad-aware SE, mircosoft security etc... but none of them is removing the virus... they do try to remove something (different form program to program) but it always come back... so i guess they not removing the right one...
    Any idea how i could remove this?

Thanks a lot!!!
    JJR

jjredox, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  2. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    What was the name of the exe file you downloaded?

Has is added itself to the running services (ctrl/alt/del/)?

Is your pc upto date with updates Microsoft/Virus etc...?

ian_ok, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  3. jjredox

jjredox Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i download a 'plugin' from www.cracks.am.
    The plugin's call: axdlplug-1.5.0.0-147-setup.exe
    i tried to look for program that can remove this stuff, but it seems that there is not many...
    Do you guys know how to do it?
    Thanks a lot!!!

jjredox, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  4. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Try a Google search for 'axdlplug'

search for the file on you pc and delete it (rename it), you might also want search for 'axdlplug.dll' and delete or rename it, so when it is called it cannot be found.

Make a back up before of files any changes!!!!!!!!!

ian_ok, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  5. MrMOJO

MrMOJO Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    sorry I can't do clickable links yet (stupid rule grrr), but here is one answer if you are still, by chance, having issues:

spywareguide.com/spydet_2857_axdlplug_1_5_0_0_147_setup_exe.html

Normally (and believe me, I am a pro at helping people get rid of this crap), simply deleting the file name wont do it... as 99% of these add registry keys and end up not only being self propogating, but will restore any portions of themselves...making them self correcting.. should you delete a part/file. They have also been known to rename themselves OR name themselves after common windows file or regkey names.

I suggest downloading HiJack This:
    download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html

Run HiJack This and paste here the log it shows you so I can go over it. ussually take between 15-60 minutes to go through a complete log, less if your system is fairly clean.

MrMOJO, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  6. jjredox

jjredox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys!
    I've done a complete reboot system as my computer needed one anyway...
    Those virus or spyware and stuff are a real pain...
    What kind of Internet Security do you recommend? I had Norton but it didnt stopped me getting the virus... so i concluded it;s not good :)

Thanks a lot for all your help!

JJR

jjredox, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  7. partymonster

partymonster Peon

Best Answers:
    This will not help you get rid of the spy ware, but it may help others avoid it.
    When the axdlplug file is unzipped, there is a buddy.exe file. Delete it before you install the rest of the files. Voila. The crack site thinks you've complied with their terms, but you haven't compromised your machine.

"There is always someone smarter than I"

partymonster, Dec 3, 2006 IP