1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't get proper ads... Someone help!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by hdpt00, Aug 13, 2004.

I just started a new site about "B." My first site was bout "A" and it seems that on "B" the ads for the index pge are all from "A" subjects. Every other subpage seems to be targetted correctly on B. I added more text on B about subject B in hopes to get better targettnig. I don't mention A once, what can I do to get better targetting to B? I don't want to start advertising for the site until I get correctly targetted ads.

When do you think mediapartenrs will visit again to see the new content?

Thanks in advance for any help!

hdpt00, Aug 13, 2004 IP
  2. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are going to have to play the waiting game. Sometimes Mbot will hit right away, sometimes you will have to wait a few days. Be patient. Update content. I have found this works *sometimes*.

Why don't you just tell us what 'A' and 'B' are?

Are they at all relevant to one another?

NewComputer, Aug 13, 2004 IP
  3. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    They are not related at all. I don't get whyMBot couldn't figure this out. Is there a way to contact AdSense and see if they can do anything? It is delaying the launch of my new site. It looks pretty bad when your site is about "oranges" and its showing ads for "mp3 players" as a hypothetical.

hdpt00, Aug 13, 2004 IP
  4. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Be aware that there is conjecture, apparently borne out by some results (certainly for me), that the ad content is especially influenced by the text in proximity to it (particularly for horizontal ads). It likely pays to mention your page's keywords just above or just below the ad placement.

Owlcroft, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  5. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    The term is mentioned everywhere throughout the page, inclunding right above it. Come on MBot I need to launch my site.

hdpt00, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think proximity has anything to do with it... at least in my experience... here's a perfect example...

http://www.winnandsims.com/2004/04/building.html

AdSense at the very top, a link with anchor text "western union" at the very bottom... but that's what the ads are being served as.

digitalpoint, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  7. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    The ads on ym site now show "A" even though it's on B. A is not mentioned once on any page in this new domain, but for some reason the index page still won't show damn B ads, it's all A which was the theme of my last site.

It's ridiculous and making it impossible to launch the new website. B must be mentioned 30+ times on the new site on the idnex page. I'm watching my logs like a hawk to see when MBot return, hopefully soon.

hdpt00, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  8. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, some interesting news. Using the adsense rpeview tool that google gives out, ti shows the ads that are currently on the page, leading me to believe that ifyou already have adsense it queries what is currently there.

Using DPs tool it shows the correct ads that i would want. Hopefully MBot will update to the digitalpoint ads soon.

hdpt00, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  9. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    So... I emailed google telling them the ads were way off, I get a reply right now from google saying that thesite is now receiving proper ads. Looking into my logs i noticed a weird google referrer (not sure if I should post it or not). But it makes me believe they have a tool to help guide mediabot back to your site or hand correct the ads...

Very suspicious.

hdpt00, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  10. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    they delivered untargetted ads, you emailed them, they fixed it. explain how "suspicious" fits in there.

mxlabs, Aug 17, 2004 IP