1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't follow anyone for the past year

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by TheNeonFox1, Mar 19, 2017.

Hello anyone that is reading this.

I've been experiencing a lot of issues regarding following people on twitter for almost a year now. The problem started back in may when I was following some people and I got the error message, you can't follow at this moment.
    As I knew at the time, this message appears when you are following a lot of people in a very short amount of time, and you usually have to wait somewhere around 2 hours to make it go away.

So I waited. Came back the day after and I still got the message. I thought that this was a bug so I waited another day. The message dissapeared and I started to follow some people. But after following around 10 people I got the error message again.

From that day onward I've been getting the error message whenever I follow more then 10 people. and it's really frustrating. I've tried contacting twitter but never got a response.

Is there anyone here that either knows how to fix this problem or how to get in
    contact with twitter support. I've already tried filling in a report on there help center but
    it didn't work.

~TheNeonFox1

TheNeonFox1, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  2. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried unfollowing accounts?
    Especially ones that are inactive or irrelevant.
    Does it happen when you use their suggested people to follow tool?

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What is your following to followers ratio? Do what Sarah suggested and start unfollowing some users. This is probably due to following too many people in a short period of time.

dcristo, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  4. Anya Joe

Anya Joe Member

Best Answers:
    I have not get such message even I follow more than 1000 people on Twitter within 2 days.

Anya Joe, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  5. TheNeonFox1

TheNeonFox1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have tried unfollowing many accounts, I currently follow around a 1000 people and have 3000 followers, I have not yet tried the suggested people following tool, but I doubt, that this is going to work.
    But I'll give it a shot anyway :)

TheNeonFox1, Jun 1, 2017 IP
  6. TheNeonFox1

TheNeonFox1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It probably is due to that, but I've tried unfollowing people, my ration currently is 1000 following and 3000 followers, but twitter still doesn't want to let me follow more, I'm currently trying to get in contact with twitter support, but I can't file a ticket anywhere without having to get my account suspended

TheNeonFox1, Jun 1, 2017 IP