1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't find a good keyword to match my site!

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by BradleyMitchell, Aug 15, 2012.

Hello, I'm basically looking for that perfect keyword for my site. Right now I have a list of 143 keywords, and so far only 5 meet my standards (low competition, etc, etc). Although out of these 5, none of them perfectly define my site. They define areas of my site but not the overall site. It just seems impossible to fine a keyword that defines my site and stays within my competition range. Any advice.

More info on the site. It's in the travel niche. It basically displays videos and I'd like keywords like travel videos, etc, but out of my huge list, the only ones that meet my standards are keywords like best places to travel in the summer, etc...

So overall, any advice. It would really be appreciative. I'm so close to giving up because I just can't think of words anymore but I really really don't want to give up. What to I do when I just can't think of anymore keywords to define my site?

BradleyMitchell, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. Slkelby

Slkelby Peon

Best Answers:
    I would target both broad and specific keywords and also consider having a few smaller campaigns for each area of your website as you describe above. Typing 'travel video' into the google adwords keyword tool; some good results I found were 'travel videos' 'travel guide videos' 'travel videos online' 'watch travel videos online', etc; I don't know exactly how useful they will be to you as they are pretty broad.
    You can, however, target more specific keywords as well by maybe adding in specific countries or services (e.g. 'travel videos France', 'travel videos Paris France') - these won't be searched as often because they are much more specific, but when someone does search for these terms; your website should (in theory) come up as one of the top search engine results if you target these keywords. Your conversion rate for these should therefore be much higher than the broader terms.

Without knowing exactly what your site does, it is difficult to advise what campaigns you should break your SEO into, but instead of just trying to find keywords that will cover everything you offer on your site; I would recommend having a separate campaign for each service/area on your site. It should be much easier to find keywords for this but it will also give you more control over your SEO campaign as you will be able to make the copy on your landing pages much more relevant. You can also then create internal links using the best keywords to help improve your ranking.

I hope this helps!

Slkelby, Aug 20, 2012 IP