1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't edit Invision Power Board

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by jedweb, Oct 8, 2006.

I have an IPB forum on one of my sites that is hosted on IIS. For some reason I can no longer make changes to the templates. I have tried moving my ads using the editing tool from within the admin cp but the changes seem to have no effect.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? What information should I supply to clarify the problem?

jedweb, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  2. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We would need a little more information such as any errors that are occuring or what stops you from editing.

Neptune, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  3. jedweb

jedweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response Neptune.

Actually, I don't receive any error. It appears as if everything has worked but the change is not reflected in the live forum. I did just realized that if I make a change to the Board Wrapper it actually works. However, if I make a change to anything in 'All Global HTML', or seemingly anything else, nothing changes.

jedweb, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  4. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    verify the path.

Since IPB is intended for Linux installations, it's more likely that your path is something like "/blah/blah/whatever_dir" when it has to be "D:\blah\blah\www" or something similar.

Needing more info from your conf_global.php trying to find such error out

Pat Gael, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. BIGC

BIGC Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope ..I guess u didnot give enough permission on Cache Folder

BIGC, Oct 15, 2006 IP