1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Canonical Weird thing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by chechogr, Aug 12, 2020.

I recently changed my site from www.mysite.com to mysite.com

In Google Search Console I am showing the sitemaps in the profile mysite.com and I'm telling google the canonical is mysite.com

Even though all of the above, google decided the canonical for my homepage is www.mysite.com

Here comes the weird:

Google Search Console tells me the home with the form: www.mysite.com is not mobile-friendly.

So I checked the website with the mobile-friendly tool. The results:

--> This IS NOT mobile-friendly: www.mysite.com
    --> This IS mobile-friendly: mysite.com

I have no idea why cos both are the same.

So I gave up to change the canonical in Search Console. The problem is Google doesn't seem to want to crawl and update changes in my home www.mysite.com since it's not friendly.

I have added several texts to the homepage but when I check the cached version of the google index it doesn't contain those changes, as if google wouldn't pick up the changes.

This has been going since I changed from www.mysite.com to mysite.com about one month ago.

I am not sure how to fix this and get google to index my home with the changes. Or for Google to change the canonical to mysite.com

Any Ideas, suggestions?

chechogr, Aug 12, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It takes time for new page URLs to get reindexed. For google, its like indexing a new site.
    Make sure you do a 301 redirect.

JEET, Aug 14, 2020 IP
  3. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    try adding https:// to both www. mysite .com and mysite.com.
    It will probably solve it.

IMDaniel, Aug 14, 2020 IP