1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

canonical question...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nando, Jul 23, 2015.

I'm using tumblr and wordpress for my business and I'd like to avoid duplicate content. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to set a canonical link per tumblr post so I was thinking of setting the canonical link (sitewide on the tumblr) to my wordpress homepage - good idea or bad?

nando, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  2. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not understand what you try to achieve? I know you have weight loss tumble, and after some time you decided to open Wp site... can you help me understand it better :D

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  3. nando

nando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bottom line, I want to able to use both sites together but i dont want to get penalized for duplicate content. I want google to know, my wordpress is where it should be sending any traffic...

nando, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  4. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then just give google some time... I doubt you need to (over) optimize everything to achieve that. As I said already, google will see which one of your sites is more authority. But they just need time for that. And You need to be constant with providing value to your site, and this will happen soon.

Check if you are indexed... as long as you are indexed, everything is fine. The moment yu disappear from search engine, then you might want to change things...
    I hope it helps :D

Let me know if you need more!

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP