1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot login to paypal - SMS 2FA fails to deliver message

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by pizdan, Sep 22, 2020.

Hi all and hope I'm not making any mess posting on that board, I just need help for an end-user unable to login into my paypal account and smashing own head on official help wall.

Background: I have not been using paypal for a long time, possibly 2 years or more. One of last things I did on my account was enabling 2 Factor Authentication with SMS message.

Problem: as I log in with valid username and password, I do not receive SMS code for 2FA. Pressing "resend" does nothing. Pressing "Other options" helps nothing, as I never enabled any other 2FA. I dunno use smartphone, so trying any app is a no-go here.

Details: Well, it looks like I an doing everything well, it just do not come in. I'm pretty sure I have put in valid phone number, as receiving a text message was a muss in order to validate 2FA. I have __never__ changed my phone number.

Already tried: Going through official help - https://www.paypal.com/pl/smarthelp/contact-us, password problems, nothing that helps me, and contacting their support staff in only available when I log in.
    I tried contacting them on facebook - chatbot was not very helpful, and when I wrote to contact employee I got auto-respose that they lack staff due to covid and I will get nooone
    I tried phoning their support center in Poland, but it turns out it's also empty due to Covid and noone works there.
    I've been on paypal-community forum, but it turns out it's a cesspool of unsolved problems noone ever responds to. (Exact reason I registered on DP - people tend to receive answers over here).

observations: Last digits of phone number displayed on paypal page as I request SMS with authentication code are valid. when I try use other options -> SMS message I also see valid 1st digit of my number. Case is, that first page shows number of asterisks suggesting 11-digit number, while second page indicates it's a 9-digit number.
    Numbers in poland are 9-digit with optional +48 national code. a thought - did they break something in their system and assign me 2 numbers, or wrong country code?

pizdan, Sep 22, 2020 IP
  2. pizdan

pizdan Peon

Best Answers:
    And I got it as I posted here - my phone was filtering paypal messages and giving no notification. Can be closed as solving faster that light.

pizdan, Sep 22, 2020 IP
  3. Brain L. Hayes

Brain L. Hayes Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PayPal wants more verifications like SSN, DL, NID etc.

Brain L. Hayes, Nov 13, 2020 IP