1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot get ad to show on a website - Placement

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by FireStorM, Jul 15, 2016.

Despite raising bid in managed placement, i cannot get ad to show on a specific website

What must be done?

FireStorM, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're not giving any details. Are you bidding high enough for that vertical? If you are bidding just a few cents, it's unlikely you'll be able to displace competitors. Remember that ads will be ranked just like on search and that means an ad's quality and your bid. So assuming you have average quality and an average bid may be 50 cents, to beat a great quality ad you'd have to bid at least 60% to 100% higher than that.

Another thing is, is there traffic to the placements you are targeting? That's seem obvious. I target some pages where there is little traffic because it fits my demographics but I don't expect hundreds of impressions per day (or even per month in many cases). It may be just a case of waiting a bit longer.

Another obvious thing is if the placement displays the ad network you are using. I'll assume you are using Google Adwords. But whatever network you are using, the placements you are targeting must be on the same network.

Are your ads approved yet?

What ad format(s)? If you are using text ads, the placement has to show text ads. Same for image ads. If you have only 728x60 banners but a site shows only 250x250, you'll never get impressions there. I always have ads in all formats just to cover all my bases.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 16, 2016 IP