1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot connect to apache server page

Discussion in 'Apache' started by mike22, Jun 18, 2008.

Hi, I can connect to my apache http server on my laptop where it's hosted. However on my other computer on the same network I can't connect to the apache server page

The ip address (I believe it's not the one that my isp gave me)

is 192.168.*.***

Any help?

ps: I can't connect to my ext(extended?) ip

Thanks

mike22, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  2. jmhyer123

jmhyer123 Peon

Best Answers:
    You won't be able to connect to your external ip address from within your network. To connect to your server within the network you will have to use the local ip address (192.168.*.*) and if your outside your network then you can use the external ip address (if you have port forwarding and everything on your router and firewall configured correctly)

Also if you're accessing the server from your laptop where it's installed then you can use the loopback address (127.0.0.1) to access the server.

jmhyer123, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  3. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    That's right, you can connect via 127.0.0.1 or type from your browser's address bar http://localhost

Trusted Writer, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  4. mike22

mike22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can connect to my server on the hosted computer. But on another computer on my network I still can't. I have my firewall disabled and port 80 forwarded.

I connect to my server on the hosted computer from 192.168.*.***

I connect on the other computer with the same ip address but it fails to connect.

mike22, Jun 18, 2008 IP