1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Canacolization?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jack jastin, May 30, 2011.

What do you mean by Cananocalisation? What is the use of this on page strategy? what are the steps to follow to create this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

jack jastin, May 30, 2011 IP
  2. loveson1

loveson1 Member

Best Answers:
    A process for converting data that has more than one possible representation into a "standard", "normal", or canonical form. This can be done to compare different representations for equivalence, to count the number of distinct data structures, to improve the efficiency of various algorithms by eliminating repeated calculations, or to make it possible to impose a meaningful sorting order.

loveson1, May 30, 2011 IP
  3. Ajay Bhargava

Ajay Bhargava Peon

Best Answers:
    Ajay Bhargava, May 30, 2011 IP
  4. bhavana12

bhavana12 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's abbreviation is that abbreviated c14n, where 14 represents the number of letters between the C and the N.

bhavana12, May 30, 2011 IP
  5. subburajacmic

subburajacmic Peon

Best Answers:
    canonicalization is the option for selecting the best url for search engine spider. Mostly using for avoid the duplicate content issues.

subburajacmic, May 30, 2011 IP
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  7. metaseo

metaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, you have a few versions of the same page but under diffrent names. For example, your home page could be:

www.example.com
    www.example.com/index.html
    www.example.com/index.php

All these versions of your website are seen by search engines as different pages hens meaning duplicate content. By using a canonical tag, you are telling the search engine that no matter which version of your home page he falls on, the one in the canonical tag is the right one.

Here is code for a canonical tag:

<link rel=”canonical” href=”http://www.mysite.com/” />

Obviously replace "mysite" by your domain name. Include this in the <head> section of your code.

metaseo, May 30, 2011 IP
  8. abanalex

abanalex Peon

Best Answers:
    I think You should Read This article . nobleriver.com/Articles/ArticleDisplay.aspx?Article=What-is-canonicalization-Reasons-And-Fixes.htm

abanalex, May 30, 2011 IP
  9. AStateOfLogic

AStateOfLogic Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information metaseo, I never totally understood what this meant but I pretty much got it. Also thanks for the code as I just added that to my site.

AStateOfLogic, May 30, 2011 IP