1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can You Set vB Up Differently for Offline Visitors

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Burta, Apr 9, 2006.

I was just wonderinf if you could set vBulletin up so that you could have it so that offline members have somewhat of a introduction paragraph telling them about the forum and linking to some major section and asking them to register, but when they log in have it so that the intro is removed. Something like I have set up here on my phpBB forums:

www.rsboards.com

Burta, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  2. Bonsai_Ryan

Bonsai_Ryan Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use VBAdvanced CMPS and then control who sees every module on your page via user groups. There is also an introduction paragraph at the top of the forums index for unregistered users, I'm sure you could just write some html to make it look exactly like you have currently on your site. Wouldn't be hard at all.

P.S. in regards to your other post about paying someone to switch from phpbb to VBulletin, it isn't that hard, try it yourself before you go paying someone :) The install script along with the user manual walks you through the process step by step.

Bonsai_Ryan, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  3. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can do that, and without the vBAdvanced CMPS...there's actually a mod out there for vB which will display different welcome messages for different people - nothing with the pictures and formatting that you currently use for phpBB, but you could modify it to your liking.

GTAce, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  4. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by different people?

So are you saying that I can't use picture or anything in the intro paragraph?

Burta, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  5. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    My sales training forum is set up that way. Here is the mod. ;)

ResaleBroker, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  6. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, well I take that back, the mod I was referring to actually lets you enter your message as html, so yes, you can include any pictures, text, and formatting you would like. You can see more on it here - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99579

It lets you use 4 different messages depending on the type of person visiting.

1) Pure guest
    2) Unconfirmed members (have not confirmed their email address)
    3) Non-posting members (have never posted)
    4) Inactive members (members who havent posted in x amount of days)

Very flexible as you can see :cool:

GTAce, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  7. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually that is quite good.

Burta, Apr 10, 2006 IP