1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you release the same Press Release twice

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WebmasterWanabe, Apr 8, 2006.

Hello,
    I have my first Press Release going out next week and I was wondering since I have a Shopping website can I resend the same PR or change it a little and resend it before the holidays around Thanksgiving. Thanks for any input

John

WebmasterWanabe, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Technically a PR is for "NEWS" and a unique event. You can do what you want, but your results will most likely suffer.

If nothing else, change the title and body some to give yourself a chance.

marketjunction, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you're using it in hopes of simply getting search engine placements, then no, you shouldn't send it (but then again, as a PR pro I frown on people mis-using press releases for that sole purpose anyway).

If you're properly distributing your release to custom media outlets, then yes, you can re-use a release, but update any relevant info. If it's the exact same news, you don't have a release worth sending though. If you're using one essentially as a template for the new one, then there's nothing wrong with that, as long as the first one was written properly. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  4. USPB

USPB Peon

Best Answers:
    When I first started designing I really get confused with pR FOR pagrank and press release

USPB, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  5. ashvaj

ashvaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Press-Release has a specific purpose. Primarily or exclusively, it is for the press-use.Journalists and media persons must find some substance in the Press Release. It should be sufficiently recent and pertinent in order to facilitate a jornalist who can make a news with the release. Keep this in mind and you will get your answers.
    And do not forget to note what "jhmattern" says. She is the best guide and philosopher around.

ashvaj, Oct 16, 2007 IP