1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you really make money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mastercode, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have friends that are web designers, content creators, web developers and bla,bla.....
    Personally i started designing banners and websites for others. I still do it for few friends.
    I was making $500 - $1000 every month.
    Now that i learned how to market and use them as tools, this month i hit my first $5000 from BIM and Wasanga as an affiliate.
    I didnt ave a big list so what i did was this. I paid some money to someone with a big list to send them a email which i created my self.
    Also i dont have popular blog with tons of visitors coming from organic traffic. So i paid them someone money to post a banner on their site.
    Instead of wasting my time learning all that stuff, im using them to build my business.
    Most of this people are good as seo,blogging but as marketers! NOPE. This is what i learned from my mentor.
    I only learned how is useful to build a business and that why we have people to take care of the technical stuff.

Mastercode, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  2. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    True this is the fastest way to get rich online. However you might be forgetting the fact that not many people have that kind of money or are actually willing to take that risk. I myself have used this method, using money to make more money and it is effective, but also highly risky. This may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Some may prefer coffee. Whereby they learn and use that knowledge to earn. It is slower, but the initial investment is also lower and more affordable to most.

Both methods are able to make money. It just depends on how much investment are you willing to put in as well as how much do you expect to earn within a specific time frame. But there is really no point telling people not to learn.

Howard Lim, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  3. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your success!

FTS!, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  4. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    This thread shows me that you need a marketable product or need to offer a marketable skill in order to make money. You can't just start trying to sell just anything. It helps to believe in what you sell as well.

Alyssa Lochmore, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  5. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree somewhat with this statement -- yes it is true the money is in relationship you have with your list. The size however really is not a big indicator as to how much you will be making.

People think the bigger the list, the more you will make -- and this simply is not the case. There are hundreds of people with thousands of people on their list making a few bucks a month, while there are other marketers with a few hundreds making thousands!

Your goal when creating a list is not to get as many people to sign up as possible -- but to weed out the ones who will not be interested, from the ones who will be very eager to here what you have to say and what you have to sell.

mkcookin, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  6. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that at the start as many people as you can is good. Since you have a basic limit of 1000 per account for getresponse.

So i tell my students to go for as many as they can (of course targeted, but regardless whether they are free item seekers or not) then when they are near to 1000, then clean up their list. That way if they convert any free item seekers to customers, they can still keep them. :)

Howard Lim, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  7. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is a good point :)

Because you can turn some freebie seekers into paying customers if you treat them right -- and provide them with massive value for free in your follow up emails.

Great point you made for anyone just starting out -- that the money is in the list, more importantly it is in the relationship you have with your list :)

mkcookin, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  8. Nicholas Wind

Nicholas Wind Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting post.
    This is my first post here...just joined.
    Here's some wisdom for the younger crowd which I hope helps someone.
    I'm a truth teller and do not mean to offend anyone.
    I started online at the age of 51 and now 57.
    95+ % of folks do not make any money online so most folks here may be on track.
    I come from mlm and NWMing pre-internet but don't like it online.
    It took me 2 years of very hard work before the internet working at IBM then AFTER I GOT HOME FROM WORK to make 2k monthly in NWMing
    and lots of lost sleep.
    I have worked really hard to learn SEO in my 6 years online starting in 2007with 2 WP blogs and many many webinars and conferences.
    I do think learning SEO will help you since it has helped me understand much.
    I followed folks that make 6+7 figures and learned principals and spent 30k to make maybe 80k in my 6 years.
    That was what my schooling cost me and I must keep learning to get the pension I'm wanting since no one is hiring us old farts....haha
    I've learned in my life that "The only free cheese is in the mouse trap."
    You have to be bad to be good ...in anything.
    I was an athlete in 3 sports at a pretty high level which is why I know "You have to be bad to be good."
    I practiced a lot in these sports.
    Just like we must practice a lot in learning online marketing psychology.
    So here's what I know in a nut shell online.
    At the end of the day, business all boils down to 3 critical ingredients...
    1. Identify a Desperate Problem.
    2. Identify WHERE these people hang out online.
    (This is where you'll get your traffic.)
    3. Create a product that fits their needs perfectly.
    (OR - find an affiliate product that does the same)
    Lots of work between those steps.
    By the way I've made many mistakes but keep going forward.
    I wanted some young folks as I said to read this because I personally know 6+7 figure folks
    as friends and you know what ...all of these folks struggled massively for many years...some of them 10+ years
    and loosing their homes and cars ...etc....but not doing what the masses do again in anything which is they quit.
    I think what we are lacking is leadership in our world.
    Combine this with the pop culture of promoting fast fame and fortune and we have folks thinking that success is easy
    and should happen with little effort.
    So we end up with 95% of folks who want to MAKE$ online but never do.
    Lastly go find Earl Nightingales talk called The Strangest Secret (YT prolly) where he talks about 1%-3% being successful in life.
    Here's the kicker though....that talk was done the year I was born which was 1956.
    So the numbers have not changed in 57 years.
    Wonder why?

Nicholas Wind, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  9. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:
    The money is not in the list! and this is just a myth.
    People say the bigger you list is! The more money you will make.
    You can just buy a software with 1-10 million emails and send emails but you wont make any money.
    Many people just want to have a big list and they never spend time building a relationship with their list. They end up complaining of having a 20000 subscribers and no money.
    The money is in the relationship that you have with your list. Most of my earnings comes from FB and my team. Many of my team members are already making money after few weeks.

Mastercode, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  10. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one asked you to buy a list. Generate your list yourself.

Yeh relationship building is important, but can you eat food if you do not have food on the table? You cant right?

This is THE POINT. You need to have a list before you can build relationships. The phrase "the money is in the list" refers to a list full of quality leads. Leads that are responsive and that you can build a lasting and profitable relationship with.

Many people do not understand the need to build relationships, yeh true, but that does not mean that a list you build yourself won't work. Do not tell me that you have a 200,000 list and you send an email and you get no sales? Thats bull. It either your list is something you bought from somewhere or your email and products suck.

If you really think that the money is not in the list. Then give us your list. It's not valuable right?

Howard Lim, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  11. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a list in Spanish related to making money online with 15000+ and it took me about almost 1 year to build. Since then i never sent an email telling them to buy my stuff. Most of them interested in joining my team, they will ask me. I only sent them good content 2-3 a month to keep them happy. I have a down line of 2670 member in my team but 60% of them already purchased the big package.
    Like i said i have a friend with a list almost twice as bigger than mine but he don't even make half of what im making even though he is in my team.
    He is has a blog with many inactive subscribers since 2010.
    I created a $10 WSO and paid someone to post on the WF for me. I gave 100% commissions to my affiliates to build me a list of potential buyers. Then i had to spend sometime giving them value and helping this people to make some money. Is better to have 500 Fb and a good relationship than 5000 subscribers annoyedd of getting to many "Buy my c**8" emails.

Mastercode, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  12. Kyliemeg

Kyliemeg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've never made money online. I basically created forums of interest and never made money from them.
    I've tried writing articles for people but it's just not my type of thing.

It would be nice to find a legit online job. SEO is not one of my high points at all but I would love to find something to make lots of money online but wouldn't most people? lol

Kyliemeg, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  13. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    There have been a lot of good points in this thread. There really is a great deal that goes into creating a successful business, including investing money and time to learn things you need to know. While it's true, that after a point, some of the tasks can be handed off, you should learn a bit about the important ones so you can help direct those doing these tasks.

for example, SEO is one of those important areas of knowledge when it comes to IM and building an online business. The trouble I find is that there is no one good source for this knowledge. Everyone has their opinion and things change so often.

Try to do a google or youtube search for good SEO or IM information and you get warmed over information and an offer to buy something.

The knowledge is out there, but you have to work diligently to find it. I for one wish there was a definitive resource for SEO.

Thee is of course Google. And why not, they are pretty much in charge now, aren't they? :)

But that aside, to make money in any endeavor takes self-belief, perseverance, consistent effort and a definite aim.

SCookAAM, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  14. Nicholas Wind

Nicholas Wind Member

Best Answers:
    Yup right on and SEO seems to change as we chase it.
    I have one suggestion though and have done it but it is boring as hell
    and that is reading Google's terms of service since that's where they tell you
    what they want.

Nicholas Wind, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  15. Susan Velez

Susan Velez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great job, perseverance is definitely the key to reaching any goal. Most people usually get started and then jump from one method to another. At least I know I did when I first got started online.

Susan Velez, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  16. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    is it really possible , i don't think so

Rich Rogers, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  17. kabir5800

kabir5800 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How to start this business

kabir5800, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  18. master_mian

master_mian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys.
    I want to say, people are posting here with there knowledge and experience. According to me, If you want to make yourself successful online as a long term earner. You have to learn alot of things (and continuously)
    From Years of working online I learnt a very powerful lesson. "Making Money Online is a super Variable"
    So, If you want yourself to be a sustainable internet marketer or entrepreneur, Educate yourself on daily basis.
    I have compiled my personal experience of online money making for newbies in an ebook, which is freely available to download right now. just visit webdesignate.com to get your copy.

I hope it will help you at a certain level.

Cheers !

master_mian, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  19. WDclub

WDclub Member

Best Answers:
    PMD, you just said something that 99% of people in life don't do, especially online.

"Choose something and stick to it"

Thanks for sharing because it's the TRUTH!

WDclub, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  20. Nicholas Wind

Nicholas Wind Member

Best Answers:
    Great points above except for Rich Rogers who does not think he can MAKE$.
    And you are correct that if you think you can you can...if you think you can't you can't.
    I see fitness which I love still at 57 and IM as being very similar since I have friends who have come to me for
    fitness help and some I have had in my home to help them with their fitness...remember they asked me for help...
    ...and all of them which is only a hand full quit within one month.
    They looked for something easier or a machine to do the work for them since I do what works and is
    a compilation of my 40 years of staying very fit....and is quite tough at times.
    What I do works since it is obvious that I am fit since I have a six pack at 57....not bragging just sayin....
    I build my fitness into my life style and I do the same with my IM.I make it a priority.
    And I see the same for IM that sometimes we tell folks what works since for me I'm at home now
    which was a goal and now I'll get to the next level.
    The gentleman above says
    ....you just said something that 99% of people in life don't do, especially online.
    "Choose something and stick to it"
    Most folks quit ...period and they quit everything so let's not be surprised that folks quit IM.
    So like the folks who do not quit I look for the same and I find them.
    Just looking for those looking for me is all.
    This takes time and you'll need a program(s) that is long term and stable with as much help AS YOU ASK FOR.
    I'm fortunate I now have that with very helpful and mature folks that we work with.
    I can help anyone now which was not always the case.

Nicholas Wind, Nov 8, 2013 IP