1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you please review this printer website?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Laszlo, Aug 30, 2005.

Laszlo, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  2. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love the site because it is one of those site that offers real content. The enormous no of info in the site makes it valuable and better compared to most of the sites asked for review at DP.

Only one thing. I see that some articles have intro that's too long. On How To Buy a Printer for example, you spend half of the page on intro and not answering the question right away. Only the other half give info on this.

Some visitors won't have time to read long winded intro and might turn away.

In short, I like the site and it is one of those site that I may come back again. Although the content is amateurish, it shows the unique element of the site and tell users right away that this is not some biased big company's site ( which IMHO is a good thing) ..

iskandar, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  3. Laszlo

Laszlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear iskandar. Thank you very much for your thoughts. I was concerned about the articles too. And you might be right that some articles have intro that's too long. I might trim them a little bit but you know it took me almost a year to put them together so it will be hard just to throw some part out.

Thank you and wish you everything good Laszlo.
    Printer buying guides

Laszlo, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd change the articles. Less words/page and make them more pages. Use howstuffworks.com as a basis for it. they do about 300 words on a page and split them up. A little too much bold text for me, but gotta love a site that doesn't have adsense ads all over the place :)

lorien1973, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    A lot of content. Simple design, nice basic colors. Like the playful logos. Overall, pretty darn good. Only negative comment I have is the length of the main page.

Mia, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  6. blackwind

blackwind Peon

Best Answers:
    that's really good, plenty of content, easy to navigate. Very nice job!

blackwind, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  7. hoo0d

hoo0d Peon

Best Answers:
    simple and easy design, and yes-too much content...but nice site after all

hoo0d, Oct 20, 2005 IP