1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you please review my website?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ThemeMarvel, Nov 2, 2017.

Hello all,

I am new to DigitalPoint forum. I would like to request you all to review my website thememarvel.com and let me know what is wrong and what is to be improved in it.

You valued suggestions will be very helpful for me to go in right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    ThemeMarvel, Nov 2, 2017 IP
  2. sagar321

sagar321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    your website is not SEO optimized.

sagar321, Nov 2, 2017 IP
  3. ThemeMarvel

ThemeMarvel Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. How did you come to know that? And what extra need to be done?

ThemeMarvel, Nov 2, 2017 IP
  4. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's a good design, you've made good use of space (none wasted). You've got social links, that's essential. Nice logo. Not much to improve IMHO, except maybe add adwords or some affiliate links down the sidebar.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  5. lGooglell

lGooglell Member

Best Answers:
    Superb Site, I really like your Site Template and Content.

lGooglell, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  6. firas_abb

firas_abb Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice design I like it so much!
    You should work on the content more I guess.

firas_abb, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  7. ThemeMarvel

ThemeMarvel Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much all of you for spending time to review my website. It does help me improve my website. Thanks again! :)

ThemeMarvel, Nov 20, 2017 IP
  8. ThemeMarvel

ThemeMarvel Member

Best Answers:
    It's an year end 2019. Can anybody please review my website again and let me know what do you think that need to be done to improve its look and SEO performance acc. to 2020 trends? Thanks in advance!

ThemeMarvel, Oct 31, 2019 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Loads slowly. Took over one minute for the initial load on a cable connection.

Columns need to be fixed. There are 12 themes on each page, 3 columns wide. However, those 12 themes are sometimes in 4 rows and sometimes in 5 rows with a random space in each column.

Menu bleeds off of page to right with NO scroll bar. I see Joomla, then a "D" for whatever is next in the menu. Likewise the header bleeds off right with only "FOODIE P" showing. Footer also bleeds right with just three green dots showing for the next column after Joomla. I am assuming that the footer contains Drupal links, but there is no way to reach them. Either shorten the header, the menu, and the footer to fit on your page OR add a horizontal scroll bar so we can scroll to the right.

mmerlinn, Oct 31, 2019 IP
  10. Andrii Ozemko

Andrii Ozemko Member

Best Answers:
    I have crawled your website and found some issues
    1. 4 unavailable JavaSript files on each website page. Looks like they are not used, but someone forgot to remove links from Html header.
    2. Description and H1 duplicates.
    3. Some broken links
    4. Some nonoptimal Titles and Descriptions.
    Not much to fix. So, please, crawl your website and see all issues. I have used Smart SEO Auditor (https://smart-seo-tool.com/). You can use any similar tool.

Andrii Ozemko, Nov 1, 2019 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Broken columns chopped off at anything less than 1920 width displays, broken to non-existent responsiveness, blurry illegible undersized fixed metric fonts (aka font-size in PX with poor webfont selection and/or placement of BOLD) across many sections of the layout, the footer in particular.

There is something SEVERELY wrong with its media queries, I would suspect either a mis-match of metric types, or a failure to understand how media queries should be used.

Alternative navigation and accessibility is utterly banjaxed, likely meaning the markup is gibberish long before I even pop the bonnet to look at the code. Before I even LOOK I can tell it's the typical train wreck of ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude so common the moment anyone gets suckered into using turdpress.

Which finally looking at the code, suspicion confirmed. All the hallmarks of why 90%+ of all turdpress templates -- including the one it comes with "out of the box" -- are made by people unqualified to write a single damned line of HTML or CSS. Endless pointless DIV and classes for nothing, static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, little to no semantic markup or logical document structure.

It's as big a monument to developer ineptitude as the various garbage incompetently built template's it is pimping.

As evidenced by the 42k of markup being used to deliver 4.8k of plaintext and a dozen media elements, likely not even 10k of HTML's flipping job. This is only further exacerbated by the ape-shit ridiculous 468k of CSS spanning 15 separate files (When no website I've ever seen warrants more than 64k of CSS), and even more absurd 1.6 megabytes of scripttardery in 15 files on a page that doesn't even do anything that should need JavaScript! Likely why here at home with a lady-friend watching disney plus and her rugrat torre... uhm, creatively aquiring movies, I'm looking at 30 second plus page-load times since in handshaking ALONE the page has 20 seconds of overhead just from the ridiculous 79 separate files.

In "pointless separate file counts" ALONE the page has a real world average of 15 seconds overhead, and a worst case well over a minute!

So... broken layout, bloated file-counts, bloated markup, non-existent accessibility... you've got problems. Admittedly, nothing out of the ordinary for the majority of slopped together any-old-way turpdress templates.

deathshadow, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  12. omgirl

omgirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your site is content-rich, which is a good thing. Images are great for user experience, and google takes that into account. But it gives with one hand and takes back with the other, since images slow down your page speed, unless you minify them -- and page speed is a factor in google's ranking algorithm. I'm also not partial to WordPress. It's got security issues that users constantly having to fix by way of endless updates.

omgirl, Dec 1, 2019 IP
  13. mangobyte

mangobyte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really wonder why don't you use Bootstrap or any similar popular framework instead of using manual media queries.. Overall look in desktop is good. But to make it more responsive you should consider using Bootstrap.

mangobyte, Jun 25, 2021 IP
  14. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Because HTML/CSS front-end frameworks are as big if not bigger a steaming pile of broken shite than what they already have?!? Why the blazes would they want to take a giant dump on what's already a mess with incompetent idiotic dumbass rubbish like bootcrap?!? Just TRYING to make it more bloated, harder to create, harder to maintain, and in general a train wreck laundry list of how NOT to make a website?

Shoveling more ignorance based manure at it isn't the answer!

But let me tell you what I REALLY think!

https://medium.com/swlh/html-css-fr...ance-incompetence-and-ineptitude-4c1db2571de9

https://medium.com/codex/why-presentational-classes-for-html-css-are-ignorant-garbage-bcfdb02ec397

I care not a whit how many morons, quacks, and fools sing their praises. Halfwit idiotic rubbish like bootcrap and arsebreeze (tailwind) do nothing but promote bad practices, bloated hard to maintain code, and hobble the learning curve of everyone who gets SUCKERED into using them by the propaganda.

deathshadow, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  15. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Reporting @deathshadow because you cannot face the truth is ABUSING the reporting system and CAN get you BANNED.

mmerlinn, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  16. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    OK, I will dumb it down just for you.

1) @deathshadow stated the truth
    2) You do not like the truth
    3) You reported @deathshadow
    4) You abused the reporting system
    5) You can get banned

Is that simple enough for you?

mmerlinn, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  17. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Hah, they reported that? Must be used to the no-tolerance mindless echo-chambers of suck-ups and sycophants like shitepoint or trashnode, where any dissension against the dumbass media darling "frameworks" -- no matter how nicely worded -- is a permaban offense. Because how DARE anyone be truthful in this age of scam artist hucksterism and worship of stupidity as a virtue.

If it so "offended" why not bother refuting the points made? Oh wait, that's because generally people who believe the bald faced lies of "easier" or "better" these dumbass rubbish frameworks bring to the table have no valid counterpoints.

Well, other than parroting the propaganda they've swallowed hook, line, sinker, and a bit o' the rod.

deathshadow, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  18. Jake Clarke

Jake Clarke Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey hi just checked your website. I think it's nice, navigation and everything is user friendly, though I find it a little cluttery or you can say there is too much going on in small space and also how is your backend working for you? If you are facing any problem there you can consult "YourTeam in India". They have many expert developers that can help you in suggesting as well as improving things on your website.

Jake Clarke, Jul 8, 2021 IP
  19. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    Your website doesn't open properly on different devices and different windows. And columns need to be fixe

NicoleW, Jul 9, 2021 IP