1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you please give me some advice about link building?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by svedish, Jul 30, 2011.

I'm totally new to this forum, so first of all hi all.

I was hoping to get some advice for my link building on a touristic website in Italian? For now I am inserting the website in some directories and I'm spreading few links on the websites in my network. Got the DMOZ listing and posted on few important touristic forums with (obviously nofollow links). I also understand that articles directories have been heavily penalized after the Panda update so I was thinking of not investing too much time in that. Also, most blogs I find are definitely nofollow.

What I need is to grow the domain authority a little bit because the domain is just 2 months old and even for long tail keys I'm not in the top 5.

Can you guys please give me some good advice?

Thanks a lot in advance

svedish, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  2. aansy

aansy Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    being straight forward, nofollow links also matter but they depend upon the authority of the domain, secondly go for blog postings on several blogging networks you will get dofollow links from posting blogs and i hope you are doing social bookmarking and commenting as well.

aansy, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  3. johnnyd77

johnnyd77 Member

Best Answers:
    1) NOfollow helps more than you think

2) its all about diversity in link building

johnnyd77, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  4. johnnyd77

johnnyd77 Member

Best Answers:
    oups and 3) try to get some high PR also

johnnyd77, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  5. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    lukeg32, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  6. selma101

selma101 Peon

Best Answers:
    go for dofollow blogs and forums.. then post with quality..

selma101, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  7. PerdanaCantiQue.com

PerdanaCantiQue.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're on the right steps. No matter you send an article to article directories/ press release sites, you'll get links and more traffic. Bookmarking and links exchange are good to do. Also, you can be a guess blogger that offer a blogpost on the similar blogs. If you a designer, you can try make a free premium template and put a footer links at there. At the end, do not depend on the dofollow links, a right combination of dofollow and nofollow will bring good results. Look for links from high quality websites, it will better than dofollow from low quality sites.

PerdanaCantiQue.com, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  8. seogic

seogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Two main factors :
    1. Primary link : link from dofollow website; Secondary link : link from nofollow website;
    2. Link from the authority website;
    >>> Do those factors... your website will rank very high on Google SERP

seogic, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  9. glennforum

glennforum Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try creating web 2.0 profiles, blogging, social bookmarking as your ways to gain links.

glennforum, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  10. svedish

svedish Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all your answers, I appreciate it. :)

I just have few questions about what you said.

@aansy Thanks, I get most of what you said. i just can't figure out how Social Bookmarking can be useful. Is it just a matter of putting together a list of good websites related to my niche and make that bookmarks list public or is these more to social bookmarking that I need to know about?

@johnnyd77 Thanks, I am doing what you said. Trying to get links now from as many different domains as possible and I understand that nofollow count in certain circumstances. Also, I am contacting people that have touristic blogs, so related to the theme of my website. I often find them to be PR 3+. One guy already agreed and gave me a link on the home page. Woot!

@lukeg32 Thanks to you as well. I am not sure 100% what you mean when you say article marketing as opposed to articles directories marketing? What is the difference between the two?

@selma101 Again thanks. I have found a couple of forum that give dofollow, but blogs...Even the lists that say they are blogs that dofollow are all blogs that don't. They're all nofollow. Also, I always post with quality. I would not even know how to write something I don't elaborate on. I know the power of a good post / comment. But please let me know where I can find blogs that dofollow. I can't find any.

@PerdanaCantiQue.com Thanks. I would like to focus on things that are related to the theme of my website. If I was marketing my design studio I would consider the theme, but I guess you market things differently according to the website you wanna market right? All other tips I understand, will look into Italian blogs where I can guest blog.

@seogic Cheers! I guess the only way to get links from authority websites is to ask them. As I can see most of them which offer free accounts give nofollow links

@glennforum - I've set up accounts in few social bookmarking tools (the big ones), I have build two blogs on London on blogger and wordpress.com that are all related to the main website and advertise when I publish new guides. What else? 2.0 profiles? i have created few forum ones, set up Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo etc. Blogs don't really give dofollow links so that in my view is a waste of time. Article marketing seems to have been penalized by Panda.

Please let me know if you can please fill my residual doubts. :)

svedish, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  11. bizopp71

bizopp71 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is what i use: trybizdirect.com and urbinscience.net

bizopp71, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  12. svedish

svedish Peon

Best Answers:
    Bizopp, as stated in my opening post my website is in Italian?? Are you just spamming your affiliations? :confused:

svedish, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  13. Matt Broody

Matt Broody Peon

Best Answers:
    nofllow are also important, you need both

Matt Broody, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  14. uday11

uday11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go for Cached blogs and forums which are theme related (tourists).., and even do link building - one way and reciprocal (theme related) which helps in boosting your keyword rankings.., Article and Press release are the best part to get content linking., Try writting articles which are more helpful to user (not promotion type articles)..,which creates gives authority to your site itself..,

uday11, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  15. scottaleger

scottaleger Peon

Best Answers:

How can you say ?

scottaleger, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  16. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting an article to some article directories is not a particularly good backlinking strategy; While some will tell you that you will get a "PRx" backlink, this is not true. Your article will be a non-contextual PR0 backlink. You can do this hundreds of times and see very little gain from it. This is article directory marketing.

The REAL value is in writing high quality articles so that other marketers pick them up and use them on their site. This is article marketing and its value is far greater than that of article directory marketing. 

Hope that clears it up a little :) 

lukeg32, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  17. fernades

fernades Member

Best Answers:
    My strategic approach to link building is
    1) Article marketing
    2) Blog posting
    3) Micro blogging.
    4) Social bookmarking
    5) Directory submission
    6) Classified posting
    7) Forum posting
    8) Blog commenting

I am getting a good number of back links from these ways. Hope this will help you too.

fernades, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  18. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    See, authority status comes with time that you have to earn by linking to reputed relevant websites and by providing informative and quality content to your audience. If you really want to be an authority website, your prime focus should be your audience and then search engines. If you are delivering a good user experience, search engines will start loving you and eventually you will gain 'authority status' for your website.

C.Rebecca, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  19. svedish

svedish Peon

Best Answers:
    @lukeg32 - Thanks again. Yes, this clears it up.

Thanks again to all of you for the tips. And @C.Rebecca: Building a great user experience is exactly what I / we are trying to do. My aim is to become the best online resource on London in Italian. It will take time, but this is the aim. Something comparable to paper guides more than the copy / paste rubbish available. Trying also to build a brand around it.

svedish, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  20. mmagikman

mmagikman Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO it's all about diversity. Having a ton of blog comment links just shows Google you can spam. Get some articles, forums profiles, blog comments, Social Marketing Links, Statistics links, etc. Now add no-follow and do-follow to that (mostly do-follow) and you are golden.

mmagikman, Aug 11, 2011 IP