1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you make Wordpress Themes from scratch for free?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Captainkirk91, May 13, 2017.

Hey guys. so i have some prior coding know-ledge and some free time on my hands so i was considering making some word press themes and trying to sell them for some income. I was wondering if it cost money to do that. I have made sites with wordpress and i know you have to pay for hosting and all that but i just want to make themes and graphics and put them on websites to sell. Will it cost me $$$ ??
    in other words. will i need a domain and hosting to create themes?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Captainkirk91, May 13, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use a free domain to house your products and provide a download page for them when they sell. I have a daughter in law who used a free site to market Doberman pinscher pups when she was in the breeding business. She did very well with it. Of course, those pups had high-end pedigrees and were in big demand once she became known.

The thing I have against free sites is that you must live with the hosting service placing its own ads on your pages. You have no control over the site management.

You can find no and low-cost ways to advertise.

I'd say you could potentially do this without a cost to you. I expect the sales would be very slow.

JoeSpirit, May 14, 2017 IP
  3. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about building whole Wordpress website from scratch that means you should be expertise in coding a WP theme since you are building it from source code. If you are not expertise in WP development then I would suggest you to go with free themes available in the market.

Scriptechweb, May 15, 2017 IP