1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you make money from information site

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by TP123, Jan 27, 2012.

I run an astronomy website which provides information on the solar system and the universe in general, I've also got news and video sections. I tried adsense to monetize the site but my CTR was almost nothing because of unrelated ads, usually about solar panels. For the past couple of weeks I've been trying amazon with a few telescope and astronomy dvd ads. So far I've had quite a few clicks on these but so far no sales, my worry is that people don't come to my website with the intent to buy, they're just looking for info so is there any point using amazon?

TP123, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  2. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can. Amazon sells telescopes and books related to astronomy.

You need to traffic to good money from your site.

nihangshah, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  3. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank has a few relevant products... do a search under "telescopes" and you'll pull a few up. I also agree with the previous poster about Amazon. What do people who find your site buy? Take a look at your analytics, what keywords are they using to find your site?

While some topics are harder to monetize than others, it would be tough to find something that you just *can't* monetize.

Khadaji, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  4. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can make adsense to stop displaying ads about solar panels. However, I think there is very low competition on astronoical related advertisers, so you will always have low tunraround.

I think it is best to review telescopes and books about astronomy. Amazon can work, but they have a very low comission ( 4% ) and they keep your coolie only a day. If you find something on clickbacnk then it is great. You can also search on shareasale.com, cj.com for some services. You can also look at shopzilla.com. Direct reviews work best, but you can also place banners here and there.

thedark, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  5. echoutt

echoutt Member

Best Answers:
    all of it can monetize your website, anything site can monetize. the only one its need is traffic

echoutt, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  6. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can share google adsense ads on your website by which you can really make a great cash!

zubizubi, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  7. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need traffic, lots of it, and the more free/relevant traffic you get the more money you will make. That's the hard part though. You can either try advertising for it, or just hope people get there through SEO modifications

sirjorgeofculver, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  8. visualju

visualju Member

Best Answers:
    Another idea is to put in your content about one of the products on Amazon and promote it subtly. It's a tricky one, because the target market is obviously an older male skew and they are probably one of the toughest to crack.

visualju, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  9. Jon555

Jon555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    TP, how did you get on?

i was looking at Astronomy or some other science related topic for a website idea not so long ago, decided to give it a miss in the end because I didn't think it would work, might still try it though!

did you manage to find any good affiliate products to promote?

how is the site going, have you increased traffic?

interested to hear how it's going?

cheers

jon

Jon555, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  10. herzit

herzit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can, I do it myself.
    I have a blog, just about gaming gear. There, I give some information about the product and get money for this. (Around 300$/month)

herzit, Oct 21, 2012 IP