1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can you make a living with adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ghostterm, Apr 10, 2009.

1. JohnF

JohnF Peon

Best Answers:
    It is possible. I thought I was actually there until just recently, earning are way down at the moment, but that wont stop me.

I do believe it is possible, but like others have said, you have to work hard at it.

JohnF, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  2. DomoArigato

DomoArigato Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's difficult to depend on Adsense as your only source of living, knowing that those people in Adsense can ban you anytime for no apparent reason at all. You can't even make an innocent mistake with them. One wrong move, and you're chopped for life.

It's crazy to build a business model around that kind of business relationship.

DomoArigato, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  3. ascura

ascura Member

Best Answers:
    Though I haven't reach that range, I believe it's possible for us to earn that level.

ascura, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  4. web site blogger

web site blogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Once you are making 150/day so 4500/mo you can safely assume that google are making more than that, at least double I guess? Is it still crrect that google do not tell how much they keep for themselves and how much they pass on? Actually a post on this forum suggested they pass on only 25% now?

Anyway assuming it's 50% max, that means the ads displayed on your site are paying 9000/mo.

Would it not then be worth it to employ someone to get the ads or affiliate sales or whatever so that your share of the 9000 is bigger?

web site blogger, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  5. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    i would rather say it is very difficult. well never say never, if you have good traffic, then it is possible. everything on the internet is all about traffic

waxman1000, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  6. thell

thell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing it (I'm also into affiliate marketing though). It certainly is possible!

thell, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  7. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like everyone else has said, you will have to work hard. You would most likely have to put in the same hours or more of a normal job.

swaggerer, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  8. axeny

axeny Guest

Best Answers:
    It is possible if you live in poor countries :) but in USA or UK it is not possible :)

axeny, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  9. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are people earning hundreds and even thousands a month off adsense.

swaggerer, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  10. mobilemaniac

mobilemaniac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was making $25 - $30 a day from one site but it got banned from adsense program by Google. $100 a day is totally doable - but it can take time to build a site up. I am starting afresh with a few niche sites.

Use Google's own keyword and adwords tools to spot good high paying niches and build a good quality site around those. If you choose something you're interested in, that will make things easier for you.

When you make your pages, don't put too many outgoing links on the pages. You want people to leave your site via a adsense link. Also put a google search bar at the top and the bottom of each page.

mobilemaniac, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  11. modulecart

modulecart Peon

Best Answers:
    you can make a living on adsense alone, but... if you are just starting, do not put all your eggs into one basket, the "adsense basket", trying to focus yourself into earning from adsense may lead you to abyss, nowhere, because you are putting the thought of "earning" first before doing the site, which is totally wrong.

If you really want to earn from adsense, you should have at least a site that has massive traffic and good content, or good niche, as long as it can drive people into your site, this is what you need to focus first then proceed to the idea of earning from it. This is one big mistake a lot of starters do, which I also did. Focus on how to drive people into your site and the money will come. Traffic = Earnings (of course, it still depends on what traffic you have.)

My suggestion, do a site that arouses interest, and it is a "need" not a "want" site. For example, doing a games site and video site will likely less effective than doing a blog with information on how to earn money online, why? because video sites and games sites makes people stay, stare at the video or play the game... have you seen a single person clicking ads while watching videos or playing games?

Be creative, I am not saying videos or games sites will not earn, but if you are not as big as some sites are, these are the last things you may want to touch (IMO). Forums will work, because forums tend to have lots of information and content in it, helps bigtime on search engines, however, choose your topic, I used to own a forum that has 200k members and more than a million of posts, but guess what? no earnings, why? because the forum was for trading stuffs, and some stuffs are copyright thingies so I couldn't get any ad network to even accept my traffic. I ended up closing it down because I am spending too much on it without any returns (dont worry, I used up the same database somewhere else hehehe)

Anyways, bottom line is, yes you can, it is just a matter of how you do it and what you do with your site.

modulecart, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  12. narci

narci Peon

Best Answers:
    Its possible yes! but I need to get a lot of traffic and generate atleast $200 per day.
    But its too little boring when you stay at home all time. :)

narci, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  13. cri8bat

cri8bat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is possible...
    but dont expect to archive that in 1 day and also I dont think you can earn 150 bucks a day with only 1 website, well at least at the beggining...

it requeres lots of writing and traffic.

if you want to ear 150 dollars a day then I suggest tring affiliate marketing such as clickbank or cj (there are hundreads of tips this is forum for clickbank and cj).

I think is the best option, affiliate marketing, especially if you are good in writing.

cri8bat, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  14. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not yet, adsense dropped a lot.

Jarodboy, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  15. whodi

whodi Peon

Best Answers:
    Around 1000 400-700 word, created by you 100% unique articles with at least 300 of those articles submitted to ezinearticles.com and all of the articles bookmarked with popular sites over the course of 4 months on the right niche will bring you in that kind of money....

whodi, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  16. Plutoscript

Plutoscript Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can actually make a good living from adsense but it's really frustrating most time to publishers.

Plutoscript, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  17. intelinside

intelinside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As stated by many, it is possible to get good money from Adsense but there is no shortcut to it though :) You need to dig through difference sources to come up with ideas and hard work to promote it. So, if you have got both these traits, you are well on your way to make a happy living from Adsense.

intelinside, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  18. mrdo

mrdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Living with adsense, It can be, but not for me :(

mrdo, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  19. AdsenseConsultant

AdsenseConsultant Guest

Best Answers:
    Making $150 Per day would take your around 15 to 20 months of time if you go on right track. When i started my career before 3 years i was just earning like 2 to 3 dollars on daily basis, then i started concentrating more on my website Niche and SEO process. Slowely i started earning around 10 to 15 dollars down the line 4-5 months and at this point of time i am earning around $500 on daily basis with 45 websites.

You need to make sure one thing that FIRE should be always on at your end in order to achieve your Goal for adsense without which anytime you can FAIL in this Business.

These days apart from handling websites, I am in to FULL TIME adsense consluting for USA & UK clients, believe me it is Great Experience while you share your Experiences with clients and they also start making money along with you :)

AdsenseConsultant, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  20. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    i know someone who earn 300$ per day

nancy_18am, Apr 11, 2009 IP