1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you guys give me tips on my writing i started new

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by khodem, Dec 7, 2013.

Hi guys, i'm fairly new and I write articles on my profession field Programming, Database stuff, I just started writing regular and I wonder if my writing is good enough are you going to come back and read my other articles if you are visitor? or am i clear on delivering the articles? here is my link dbdiary.com

I usually write these blogs post in maximum 30 minute to 40 minutes as I write only on the fields I know so do you think I spend more time on re-reading and making correction or it's okay?

thanks in advance for your guide.

khodem, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

First of all, I am neither a pro-writer nor English is my first language. However, I am working with a software company and I have interacted and communicated with people from different countries and I got adapted well with English language. I just went over your site and here are my comments. Please do not take it offensive.

1. I navigated to the page - > http://dbdiary.com/explained-what-is-hive/ and I have zero knowledge on what is hive. So, I thought your post in this page should be clear enough to educate me.
    This was the very first para of your post and the entire para is just one complex sentence. I, personally found it difficult to read. You should have broken down it into many simple sentences.

Also, it would have been been better if prepositions and articles were used correctly. For example - "Hive is a component that is set on top of the Hadoop."

2. Try to use the correct tenses. Incorrect usage may give a bad impression to the readers. Your sound knowledge on the subject may go in vain if its not communicated properly.

For example - "Hive started as sub project of Apache Hadoop and then as times goes by and people understanding it’s important it move to top-level projects." - >In this sentence, you have used "started" which is a past tense but you have again used "goes" which is a present tense.​

I think you would need to put some effort to correct few things with your language and take time to write it in a better way. If you can get it reviewed by someone who has a good command over the language, it would be better.

kingofking, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  3. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your time I appreciate it... so over all (grammar,complexity)? I have to correct grammar and divide complex topic to multiple paragraph?

khodem, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  4. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to get your English language corrected. Concentrate on the proper and correct usage of prepositions, grammar, tenses and punctuation marks. Initially, get all your posts reviewed by someone good at English and I am sure you would be an eloquent writer soon.

kingofking, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  5. Francis-e

Francis-e Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am a experienced writer and I will give you a little tip that when writing make your article straight to the point , give good examples , don't make it boring use pictures and add a special tone in your words so people enjoy reading it and the last one that be HIGH QUALITY all the the time and never copy articles. If you need any further help then I will be happy to help you.

Francis-e, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  6. Eddie Phillips

Eddie Phillips Member

Best Answers:
    After I finish writing an article, I take it to a web page called PolishMyWriting and use "After the Deadline." After the Deadline is a language checker for the web with:
    • Contextual Spell Checking
    • Advanced Style Checking
    • Intelligent Grammar Checking
    The price is great too -- $0

Eddie Phillips, Mar 24, 2014 IP
    Rebecca likes this.