1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you find this code in the source please

Discussion in 'CSS' started by outwest77, Jun 30, 2012.

Can anyone find the background image for this front page?

A designer guy says the top left image "MyPcBackup.com

is in the background image

http://www.mypcbackup.com/

I cant find it
    he says it is "hidden behind the code"

He even found the url to the background image
    and it seems he is correct
    http://mpb.jdistatic.com/images/My-PC-Backup-Logo.png

My question is where is this located? How did he find it?

Suggestions?

by the way I am trying to style an entry page similar to this one, that is why I am curious how it was done

outwest77, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's in this file:
    http://mpb.jdistatic.com/css/style|tabs|popups_popup|popups_create-account|forms|error|v=1324578164

Though good luck finding it with the "Let's hide how inept we are at writing websites by stripping out the whitespace" lack of formatting.

It's also being applied with the idiotic 'text-indent:-999' method that means the page has zero images off graceful degradation, defeating the entire point of using image replacement.

Not that said page is particularly well written -- when was that made, 1999 to 2001-ish? Tranny doctype, jquery for nothing, zero scripting off fallbacks, nothing even remotely resembling modern site building techniques of the past decade... Which is why it's funny that it also has all the IE conditionals just to show what a useless re-re the developer of said page actually was. Nothing like 25k of markup for 2.7k of plain text -- basically two or three times what should be needed.

Sorry if that's your site, if it is, do yourself a favor, throw it out and start over clean. Nothing even worth TRYING to save from that.

deathshadow, Jun 30, 2012 IP
    Unni krishnan likes this.
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    h1 a {
        background: url("/images/My-PC-Backup-Logo.png") no-repeat scroll center center transparent;
        display: block;
        height: 59px;
        text-indent: -9999px;
        width: 350px;
    }
    Code (markup):

Is that what you wanted?

browntwn, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  4. outwest77

outwest77 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL no its not my site, I cant code like that
    I just took the code modified it changed the layout headers text etc etc etc for a site I want

it would take me a month to write that, but as they say its got all that IE version coding in there its a lot of unnecessary code I think

I did locate the image file inside one of the style links, and have replaced it and restyled and colored the page

the colors are very difficult to change also for some reason, the large blue square I cant seem to change that

outwest77, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  5. sarkar1990

sarkar1990 Member

Best Answers:
    Use Firebug, a web-developer's best friend!

sarkar1990, Jul 1, 2012 IP