1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you exclude a file from mod-rewrite?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by mjewel, Nov 17, 2005.

Is there a way to exclude a specific virtual directory AND file name from being processed by mod-rewrite? Right now mod-rewrite is correctly rewritting about 50 virtual directories and filenames. I have one specific directory/file name that I do not want processed so it can go on to be processed by a script. Because this file name doesn't exist, I am having problems.

I really don't want to do a RewriteRule for all 50 file names. I need something like ^bluewidgets/directory/somedirectory/somefilename.html to be excluded from the following rule.

Options +Indexes
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^bluewidgets/directory/([a-zA-Z_]+)/(.*)$ /bluewidgets/directory/widget/widget.html [R=301,L]

mjewel, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  2. johnt

johnt Peon

Best Answers:
    Just add a new RewriteCond which matches the file / directory that you want to be excluded
    Options +Indexes
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/path/to/excluded/files

RewriteRule ^bluewidgets/directory/([a-zA-Z_]+)/(.*)$ /bluewidgets/directory/widget/widget.html [R=301,L]
    Code (markup):

johnt, Nov 18, 2005 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had tried that, and for some reason it isn't working. Thank you for the input.

mjewel, Nov 18, 2005 IP