1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you believe this?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by joeychgo, Feb 26, 2005.

1. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense, but you should have read the Google TOS agreement when you signed up for adsense. You are responsible for knowing the rules, and ignorance of them is no excuse.
    SEMrush
    It has nothing to do with 'balls' it has to do with ethics. Why should they come to you? You had done something wrong, when that happens, people report it to authorities (google in this case).

wendydettmer, Mar 15, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    When people lie they tend to avoid contractions, e.g. "didn't" becomes "did not". Not that I'm trying to imply anything.

nullbit, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  3. flyered

flyered Peon

Best Answers:
    Fryman,

Maybe we shouldn't be so hard on these guys - after all, wasn't there a recent study that indicated only 38% of websurfers could tell organic search results apart from ads?

Surely some of this 38% of the population has somehow through WYSIWYG html editors, or simply being handed a web admin panel, has managed to get in some kind of position of 'power'.

I just was researching one of your fave topics, meso-whatever, and was thrilled to find a blogger with the top-spot adsense position. I clicked through to find out more, then found his own ad pointing to the same blog I was looking at the top of his spammy blog. Isn't capitalism a wonderful machine? Money moving, thats what the fat old white balding guys like.

Rest assured that they won't let ignorant rookies like this fella take too much of the pie without getting slapped.

G obviously has the money to enforce these things if it wanted to. Hell, mcdonalds can make billions of burgers every day with great confidence that no ones going to get food poisoning. Thing is, G isn't selling burgers it's selling data, and this aforementioned study is one indicator that web users are indifferent to even the most basic of details. With G's cashflow they could buy a gold-plated datacenter the size of India and turn these PHP-BB PPC teens into yesterdays news in a flash.

They aren't interested.

flyered, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Please do! They can all come and see how you cheated the system. Being ignorant of the law doesn't let you break it. You were too lazy to read the TOS, tough luck. Lesson learned, so stop crying, you got what you deserved.

Flyered, sorry, but people cheating and stealing my money used on Adwords don't deserve my simpaty.

fryman, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  5. flyered

flyered Peon

Best Answers:
    No sympathy intended; this guys a f&&%3r, just saying not to place too much faith in how far people with ridiculous grammar enticing people to click ads can go.

Legit types work hard all day and make real moves. Click enticement is a symptom of Google's 'more open' standards, and that's why Adsense makes so much dough. Personally I think one would have a better chance of making money in suit and tie, then sitting around a crack-ridden digital corner with a beard and cardboard 'please click my ads' sign.

flyered, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  6. Richieboy67

Richieboy67 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not cryng... You are the baby here...

Really fagmen. You need to get a life. You really do think you are above me and my members?

Yes, I made a mystake. Who the hell are you anyways?? Who do you think you are?? I do not have to explain anything to you and if you think I am going to sit here and let you put this bs off on me you are sadly mystaken.

You don't go publicly insulting people you know nothing about. If you are so concerned with my petty as# site then you really have problems! My site is very small and new and what I do should not concern you.....

You really should come down off of your high horse and stop acting so stuck up......

I suppose that some of you have registered on my site as spies or something??? geeez.. I wouldn't put it past you... Yes, my huge 300 member site!!! You better keep an eye on me!!!

I will not come on this site again but just know that I'll be watching and I will not put up with insults. The google situation was fixed and is over so find a new target...

Richieboy67, Mar 15, 2005 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Richie, as a forum owner you should be setting a good example and know the rules before hand

Blogmaster, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  8. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    umm....this thread was dead, you were the one who brought it back to life, not fryman.

And if you think you dont' have anything to explain to us, then why do you keep trying to do so?

wendydettmer, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    and this place is not boring, it kicks more ass than any other forum out there ... period!

10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Amen to that! :D

As an Adwords advertiser it does concern me when someone is cheating.

fryman, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  11. Richieboy67

Richieboy67 Guest

Best Answers:
    OK, well here. I'll explain a little bit.

I guess my reaction is one of anger! Here is my situation...

Recently I injured my back. It was actually 2 months ago and I have not been able to work since then which is why I have to file for bankruptcy.On top of that 3 days ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I have been taking care of her for a long time and now things have gotten even worse. Then there is the thing where my wife is working all the time and traveling and I am stuck here to deal with 2 stepkids...

So yes, I am a little cranky you could say... I come home and check things out and I have to read about my members being like naive little children etc....

Case closed! Yes, I was wrong and yes I should have read the dam rules!! OK_---Happy Now!!!! You Caught Me and Made My Life Just A Little Harder... and yes, my site is nothing and blah, blah, blah.... and I should be a better example and blah, blah, balh...

Thank you very much!!!!!! and don't worry--- you wont see me here again...

Richieboy67, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  12. flyered

flyered Peon

Best Answers:
    Blah blah blah.. my cats need cat food. No one likes a shoplifter, and you are acting like a shoplifter caught in the act. Which you were.

flyered, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  13. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Your situation isn't the thing that matters here, what matters is that you where doing wrong, and getting that money dishonestly -- how would YOU feel, if you where advertising your site at $10 per click as some keywords are, and you have a bunch of people mass-clicking your ads, and no signups?

Josh

Josh, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Richie, you are coming in at a bad time as well. Adsense cheating is growing and growing and we have ppl come in here bragging about how they do it.

Every case is different but there is no intention to bash ... simply to help clcean things up for everyone, or everyone pays and only a few will benefit.

Mike

15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:

I sure don't think the security personel at your local mall would care if they caught you shoplifting and you tell them your back hurts :D

fryman, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  16. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Me too. :mad:

Crazy_Rob, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  17. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On a serious note: I think it's time someone said hello and welcome hither to the new "member of the day". I hope - but don't really think - that we'll see much more of R67 but should he choose to fly by once more, lets make sure he has at least been wellcomed like all newcomers are.

Wellcome hither Richie, hope you have a pleasant stay... let's all act civil shall we?

Okay, ready, set, fight :D

miko67, Mar 15, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer likes this.
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Oh, don't worry, we already gave him a well deserved welcome...

fryman, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    after all, his dot is still green :D

20. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I still don't get how people like this can still have adsense on their pages, and I was canceled and didn't do anything, and didn't even get a warning. Grrr.. </3 Google :p

Josh

Josh, Mar 15, 2005 IP