1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you be adsense banned simply by using a mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by matt_62, Jun 14, 2013.

I have read over the TOS a dozen times in the last few days, trying to figure out what I could have possibly done wrong, and i now have a theory and would like others opinions:
    so, my question is, what does this phrase ("or impressions originating from your IP addresse") mean?

My internet company closed down in february, and without any other options open, since april, my 'home' internet is with aldi mobile (uses telstra mobile network, which is the largest network in australia so billions of users). It is not 1 ip address per user, it is perhaps 1 dozen ip addresses shared with millions of other australians.

So does this mean that by simply using the only internet option available to me has cost me all adsense revenue from 2 years? Does this mean that all adsense users that check their site via mobile phones are at risk of losing their adsense account?
    Or should i look at something else as being the key reason?

matt_62, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  2. mSanjay

mSanjay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, I do not think so as far as I am concerned. If that was the case, why would Google Adsense introduce mobile ads networks. This isn't seem to be the problem. May be there was some other reason.

mSanjay, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  3. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you used your mobile to click on any of your ads then yes they would know it was you. I clicked by accident on one of my ads on my mobile whilst away from home, and it registered the click with $0 so they knew it was me!

adsenseplr, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    NOPE. I very much doubt that while using the mobile itself that I have clicked on an ad, now for the home computers that connect via the mobile, I tend to have ad blocker in place (that is usually only removed when testing / viewing ad positioning). This prevents any of the kids from clicking on ads accidentally.

Dont remember seeing any $0 clicks, however, the CPC for my top keywords for my main site was only 6cents, CTR was under 1%

My only concern is that other people, sharing the IP address have clicked on ads within my ad network? I did have one time where google prevented me from doing a google search and had to do captcha's per search and it blamed it on (i think) computers from my network. That was back in the first week that I joined "Aldi mobile"

matt_62, Jul 15, 2013 IP