1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Wordpress Embed Novamov, Movshare, Megavideo,etc Videos?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by evilgeniuss, Jan 7, 2010.

Hi. Im gong to start a movie streaming site very soon, and I hvae a really nice wordpress theme im going to use. Im just curious, if I want to embed movies from sites like megavideo, movshare, novamov, etc will there be any problems with wordpress?? Any help appreciated thank you:)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    evilgeniuss, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  2. addlinkurl

addlinkurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    no. but movshare uses iframes in embed codes and google does not like iframes i think.

addlinkurl, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  3. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you thinking regular wordpress that you install and host yourself or the hosted version of wordpress found at sites like wordpress.com and edublogs.org?

If it's the regular version that you host yourself, it should be fine.

If it;s the hosted version, support for those sites will have to be added in. I know wordpress.com won;t allow it. There;s a couple of threads in their support forum about megavideo already.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

theapparatus, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  4. evilgeniuss

evilgeniuss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks alot apparatus. i completely foreget details sorry but yea its a wordpress theme from woothemes and im hosting it completely myself and everything. Ive heard about some random problems with megavideo on and off, but i couldnt find much info on others like the ones i listed.

evilgeniuss, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  5. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    You should be fine then. Regular wordpress allows you to copy and paste embed codes usually without issue.

theapparatus, Jan 8, 2010 IP